Imagine 15: Mine Before Death💙 (Marko)

I thought of this while reading a Bill and Ted Most Excellent Adventure imagine!
Also, you will see another version of this, but for David🙂

Pairing: Y/N x Marko

Summary: *Y/N was diagnosed with a terrible disease. She doesn't have that long to live, so her and Marko decide to spend there last months together as husband and wife...*

Y/N's POV

"I'm sorry...you only have until the end of this year to live."
It crushed me.
Sitting there in that doctor's office, and him telling me when I'm leaving this world, when I die...
I didn't want to accept it. Not ever. But you can't change what's already there...
I was going to die. Without having a saying in it.
I'm in my room, combing my hair before putting a white hairpin in to keep the bun up.
Star knocks on my wall. "Ding ding, does the bride to be need a hand?"
I look over my shoulder at her. She's dressed in a little white dress with her hair tied back.
I smile. "Yes please, could you finish tying my laces?" I stand up.
She walks over, taking the two white laces and beginning to tie. "You look beautiful Y/N," she says.
It's not much honestly...just a plain white dress with flower lace print on the sleeves.
She finishes, then fixes my hair. "This is your special day. I'm happy for you, and Marko."
A couple weeks ago, when I told Marko about my diagnosis, he freaked out.
"No! No that can't be! It's not true!"
He ran to David, asking if we could change me. Turn me into one of them.
David shook his head. "It won't work...she's too far gone to change."
Marko cried.
For the first few days, he'd spend as much time with me as possible. Until one day, while we were sitting on the bed, he took my hand into his.
"You know I love you, Y/N. I always will...I want to marry you. Before it's too late."
Then he pulled out the ring, and waited for my answer.
I said yes.
And now, it's our wedding day.
I grab my bouquet. "Well? How do I look?"
She smiles. "Like an angel."

***

I exhale a steady breath, looking at Star.
She smiles at me, "you got this," she takes my hand, and we both enter the cave.
The guys decorated the entire cave with streamers and candles.
There's a rose petal path, leading to we're David, Dwayne, Paul, and Marko stands.
Marko stands, hands clasped and his back to me.
David's in front of him, and he smiles a little seeing me.
Dwayne's sitting on the broken fountain along with Paul. And Paul is holding a bag of rice, waiting to throw it.
I see little Laddie, holding a pillowcase with our rings.
The little girl version of me never dreamed that this would be my wedding.
But I couldn't ask for anything better.
Marko turns, and his eyes widen when he sees me. Soon, he smiles, teaching out to take my hand and lead me to stand beside him.
"You look beautiful," he whispers. I blush, and we face David.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Marko, and Y/N, in vampire matrimony. Marko, Y/N?"
Marko turns, taking both my hands into his.
"I take you, Y/N, to be my wife. I promise to love you, cherise you, and be by your side for as long as time will allow it. You are my mate, and I will forever be in love with you."
I nearly cry.
I inhale. "I take you, Marko, to be my husband. I'll always love you, no matter what. I'll be by your shoulder to lean on, to hand to hold, and your partner in crime."
Everyone laughs a little.
We slip our rings on.
"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."
Marko throws his arms around me, kissing me with a passion that makes my knees shake.
Everyone cheers.
"Yay!" Paul gets up, throwing rice in our faces. "Yay I'm so happy!!"
"Easy there big boy!" I laugh, getting rice all over my hair. He doesn't care, he keeps doing it.
Marko sweeps me off my feet, carrying me bridal style to our room.
I throw the bouquet, and Dwayne catches it.
We close the door behind us, and everything around us disappears...we are each other's, and that's what matters...

*Three months later*

Marko's POV

We spent the months together 24/7, doing everything. Late night bike rides, boardwalk madness, and movie nights.
We did it all...until she passed away just two days ago.
I sit on the broken fountain, clutching her ring.
I made a necklace with both of our rings, so that everyday I can wear a piece of her.
David comes into view, sitting next to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry," he says.
I lower my head in my hands. "I can't fucking believe this..." I don't want to. I want to look up and see my wife standing in front of me, smiling.
I want that so bad...
David pulls me into a hug. "Its going to be okay...Y/N will always be in our hearts. She'll never be forgotten..."
I squeeze him, crying.
I'm completely broken...but, I'm happy at the same time.
Happy that our last few months were spent as husband and wife.

Thxs for reading!