Imagine 27: Our First Lost Boy...🖤 (David)

Pairing: David x Max

Summary: *25 year old David Mathewson has a bad hand at life. So what happens when he's presented with the chance to get revenge on his wrong doers?😈*

*David's POV*

"Baby, I'm back," I set the bag of groceries down on the table, stretching until my bones pop. Man, long day. Not enough pay either...
I pick up the stake of letters. Water, power, etc...great. Bills, Bills, Bills.
I exhale deeply, one hand running through my hair. I need to think about something else, I don't need this extra stress right now.

I open the fridge and grab a bottle of beer, cracking it open and drinking half of it in five gulps.
"Annie?" I call her name again. Jesus where is that woman? She doesn't have anywhere to go.
Oh well, maybe she'll-

Suddenly, she appears at the bottom of the staircase, suitcase in her hands.
I glance at her.
She sighs. "David...I want you to know that this is hard for me but," she exhales, "it's over."

My heart sinks. "Wha- what do you mean?"
She approaches me. "It just isn't working between us, David. I mean, look at where we live," she waves around at our surroundings, a tiny little apartment. "This isn't suitable for a family..."

"Annie, I'm trying-"

"Well it's not enough David!" She shouts, "I don't want to be with a man who can barely afford to keep himself alive, who doesn't have any time for me." She stops, swallows, then grabs her bags. "I'm leaving."
"Wait, Annie!" I reach out to grab her arm, but she pushes me away. "Get off! It's over David! It's over..." She slams the door, leaving me standing there in complete shock.

What...just happened.

I clench my fists, glancing around, breathing heavily. "Fine! Fucking go!" I punch the wall, "I don't need you!"
Shouting lies just to keep the pain from ripping me from the inside out.

I shouldn't be surprised, I can never keep anything good in my life. Still though, I loved her...with all my heart.
I sigh, sitting down and grabbing my head. Where am I going in life? I work at a gas station for god sakes, how could I even think for two seconds that me and Annie could be a family?

I don't even know the first thing about family...my mom and dad were horrible parents, most kids always picked on me for being the outcast, poor one...

I close my eyes.
"You're not worth anything. You're a no good, piece of crap that shouldn't be alive. Nobody likes you..."

So many people have tried to hurt me in my life...and here I am, letting myself get kicked over and over again.
I throw my bottle into the window.

***
*A few days later*

Annie has refused to answer her phone, so it's official...
It's sad, I really thought that we were something special, that we would last. But...I guess not.

I sigh, walking the beach on the outside of Santa Carla's boardwalk. I'm alone, and it's pitch black out here with the moon full and shining down as my light.

I take slow, hesitate steps on the sand, listening to the waves crash. It's soothing...I can breathe a little tonight. That and get a little drunk.

I tip the whiskey bottle back, taking a drink before I wipe at my mouth. I slur my words and pretend I'm walking on a tightrope. "Look mommy and daddy! I'm a successful business man with millions of dollars and gorgeous women by my side!" I laugh the words, sinisterly, wishing it was real.

It won't be though... I'll never reach the top, I'll always stay low.
I kick the sand. Damn it, I want to do something! I want to go after the ones who've gone after me! Show them that I'm not a weak pushover, that I can be a powerful man, that I can be better then them.

I stop walking and look up. "Man...if only I can get some payback," I clench a fist, "that would be so sweet."

"Payback huh? For what?"

I flip around to see a man in his 30s with glasses, brown hair, in an ugly suit and tie with his hands in his pockets.
I furrow my brow. "Um...can I help you?"

He steps closer to me. "Maybe, or perhaps I can help you," he comes closer, "I've seen you around, reeking of hard alcohol, mumbling to yourself about your past problems, your enemies," he takes his glasses off and cleans them, "rather weak, really."

"Who the hell are you?" I ask, seriously insulted and about ready to kick his ass.
He flashes a smirk and a little bow. "Max is my name. I own the video store on the boardwalk. And you must be David."

"How did you-"

"I have an opportunity for you, that is if your willing to take it." He approaches me, coming close to my face. "How would you like to get revenge? To be feared, powerful, immortal?"

He had me at the first two, but immortal?
I laugh. "You can't be immortal."
"Oh? Why is that?" He asks.

I shrug. "It's just life."
He chuckles under his breath, his head shaking softly. "Well, let's just say I know a cheat code for that." He hands me a bottle full of a red liquid that resembles wine. "Care for a drink?"

"Seriously?" I raise an eyebrow. "What's the point?"
"This isn't your normal drink, David. One gulp of this, and you'll become a vampire."

At this point, I'm laughing my ass off. "Oh lord this is ridiculous, vampires don't exist!"
"Would I be here right now if I wasn't a vampire?" He smirks, "do you want revenge David? A life where you don't need to be at a job, you don't need to rely on people or money, you can kill whoever you want...live forever..."

I glance at the bottle. So this will really turn me into a vampire huh? Well...
I smirk. "That does sound tempting," I lick my lip, "but vampire? That's hard to believe?"

"Just take a drink, and you'll see."

I grab the bottle and hold it in my hand, staring at it in awe...for some reason, I feel like it's calling to me...
I shake my head. "Whatever, I need the buzz anyway."
I lift the bottle and take a drink, the sweet liquid running down my throat as I swallow.

I inhale deeply, feeling a wave of power wash over my chest...
My heart begins to pound, and my head is spinning.

I open my eyes, bringing a hand to my teeth that began no ache.
I touch two sharp fangs.
Oh shit...

The man smirks. "Excellent."
I'm totally speechless at what's happened to me. I still look human but...I don't feel like one.

I stare at him. "What the fuck did you do to me?!"
"I gave you a better life," he answers, laughing a little. "You're unstoppable now, David."
Two sides battle inside of me, one wanting to attack him, the other wanting to thank him.

Instead, I keep my mouth shut.
"Oh, by the way, since your under my command, there's a little job I have for you."
He raises three fingers. "I need you to get three more, preferably young men."
"You don't care who I choose?" I ask, this isn't about personality? Looks?

He smirks. "You'll be the judge of that."
I smirk as well. "When do we get started then?"

Too be continued...