Imagine 35: Shape-Shifter 🐺 (Lost Boys) Pt. 2

Pairing: Jay x Lost Boys

Tired4rtist

Summary: *Six year old Jay has been with the Lost Boys for a few days now. But one night, Jay has a nightmare about his past, making him wake in fear, screaming before he shape shifts into a little wolf cub. And this is when that the Lost Boys realize that there new little brother is not human....but something that's much rarer then vampires.*

*Jays POV*

I clutch at my little fox toy, tossing and turning from the nightmare I've having...

*Dream*

The door gets kicked in, and a group of men in black come running in.
Daddy yells at mommy to take me and run, before he shape shifts into a full grown black leopard, hissing at the ones who want to hurt us.
Mommy rushes into my room, pulling me out of bed along with my toy and running outside.
Our house has be lit on fire, and realization sinks in.
Daddy is still inside!
I cry, before mommy's hand covers my mouth.
"Sssh, shush baby, it's going to be okay."
She runs as fast as she can through the forest, looking over her shoulder to see if the bad people are coming after us.
It doesn't take long for voices to fill the air, coming closer to us.
Mommy stops, setting me down in a brush line.
"Mommy, I'm scared!"
"I know, I know baby," she kisses my forehead. "But you need to be strong." She hands me my little fox toy. "You need to run. Run as fast as you can. Don't look back."
The voices are coming closer, and mommy shape shifts into a timber wolf.
I sit in the brush line, crying my eyes out.
"Go!" She shouts at me, before running in the other direction, howling so that the bad people can go for her instead of me.
I stay frozen in the brush line, watching them run after her, there knives coated in blood.
I hear the screams of men, before I hear a gunshot and a whimper from a wolf going silent.
At this, the adrenaline makes me shape shift into a little fox, and I run deeper into the forest, away from my dead parents, and burned home...*

*End of dream*

"NO!" I scream, waking up in a panic rush.
I glance around my surroundings, afraid that the bad men will come for me.
I hyperventilate, before I'm shape shifted into a wolf cub.

***
*David's POV*

I hear Jay screams, and I snap awake, flying out of my bed to Jays room.
"Jay?!" I throw his door open, to see that his blankets are thrown on the floor, and a missing little boy.
Paul, Dwayne, and Marko come up beside me, but I'm to panicked to care.
Our little brother is missing!
I immediately start scouring the entire room, calling out his name.
Instead of a boy coming out, a little pup like dog comes out, with wide fearful eyes staring up at us.
"How did this thing get in here?!" Paul grabs him by the back of the back of the pup's neck.
The puppy bites his wrist, and he falls to the ground with a furious Paul chasing after him.
I stop him before he can hurt the little creature. "Hey leave it alone!" I push him away, before Marko shouts at us to look.
We all do, only to see the puppy transform into...
"JAY?!" We all shout at the same time, our jaws dropped.
What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On?
Jay crawls to the corner, hiding behind his hands as he cries softy.
Paul looks at me. "Dude...he's not human."
"Obviously," Dwayne picks Jay up, "are you okay?"
Jay won't answer.
Shit this is weird...
Marko furrows his brow, before his eyes widen. "David," he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Is he-"
"I think we have the same question," I reply slowly, staring at the boy who we thought was a human.
Only to find out that he's the rarest creature in the mythology world.
A shape shifter.
We all glance at each other, confused as to what to do next.
But immediately, I run outside.
Max gave me a book once, when I became a vampire. A book about all the creatures we may encounter.
I find the book, flipping to the section about shape shifters.
They're extremely rare. Because hundreds of years ago, they were practically hunted to extinction for there magic.
Dear God...I can't believe there is an actual shape shifter in our home!
The guys along with Jay come out.
I close the book with shaky hands.
"David?" Dwayne asks.
I look at them. "He's more special then we thought," I exhale, which makes Jay shell up in a tight ball, fear taking over him.
I reach out and take him into my arms.
He has no family, nobody to protect him from this world.
But I swear, as God as my witness, we'll protect him.
With our lives.
"Don't be scared," I say, "you're safe with us."
An interesting twist of fate.
Our newest Lost Boy, is a shape shifter.
How badass is that?

Thxs for reading!!!