Imagine 29: Our Second Lost Boy...🖤 (Dwayne)

A sequel to Imagine 27: Our First Lost Boy...
There will be two more sequels after this🤩
These are the stories on how they became vampires🖤

Pairing: Dwayne x David

Summary: *an Arizona native American, born and raised on the reservation, 27 year old Dwayne lives with his sick mother to take care of her. Months later, she passes away. Dwayne can't hold a job to pay the bills, so they take his home and he's forced to leave the reservation. He hitch hikes until he stumbles to Santa Carla and enters a cave. But he's not alone down there...*

*Dwayne's POV*

The soles of my shoes are dragging, and stones keep poking my feet that are blistered from how long I've been walking the highway.
I was forced out of my home a month ago, after my mother died from battling cancer for seven years.

We were very poor, and we lived in a home that should been torn down and redone.
My father was never in the picture, he went to jail for murdering a man outside of the reservation, and that was when I was just a new born.
Now, 27 years later, my mom is dead, my home is gone, and I wander the streets. I sleep under bridges, on the sidewalks...

I'm just following the highway to see where it takes me now.
I glance up at the sun that just set. Shit I hate walking around at night, knowing that I'm in unknown area.
I pick up my pace to a speed walk, until I see a sign that says WELCOME TO SANTA CARLA.

Santa Carla huh? Never heard of this place before.
The road sign beside it says we're still ten miles away from the town itself, and with how sore my feet are, there's no way I can walk that far.
I need to find shelter for rest.

I walk for about twenty minutes, until I notice a staircase that leads down the hill towards the ocean.
Curiosity gets the best of me, and I'm peering down at the staircase to see it's an entrance to a cave.
Hmm...caves are always questionable.
Then again, it's better then rolling over under a bridge and seeing a crackhead sleeping next to me.

I'll take my chances tonight.
I climb down and into the cave, wandering in the dark for a few minutes until I see a little flicker of light.
I reach the end, noticing how there are some torches lit, and some old couches spread out.
...okay, that's definitely suspicious.

I exhale shaking my head. Nah, it's probably just some teenage hideout where they go to make out and party.
Well, party's over now.
I approach the couch closest to me and let myself sink in it's cushions, immediately feeling my body release any tension that I've been feeling for weeks.

I don't know how long it takes for me to doze off, but I hear a voice whisper in my head.
"Dwayne...Dwayne...wake up."
The voice makes my eyes open and I sit up, staring around until I see a man sitting cross legged on a wheelchair, his hands clasped and a cigarette in his mouth.

Panic seizes my chest. "I'm sorry! I didn't know that this cave was occupied!" I get up in a rush, "I'll leave now."
"No, stay," he says, a smirk on his face, "I could use the company anyways."
I stare at him completely weirded out, but my feet are screaming at me to sit back down.
I sit on the couch.

"What's your name?" The platinum blond stranger asks.
"Dwayne," I respond, "and yours?"
"David," he stretches out and shakes my hand. "Pleasure to meet you."
"Good lord!" I pull my hand away, "your as cold as death!"
"Really?" David stares at his hand, "how interesting." He stands up, "it's just the cave temperature."

He walks towards a little cabinet. "Are you hungry?"
"No," I lie, but my stomach growls.
Damn it work with me not against me!
David comes back with two containers of take out food, passing one to me.
"You don't have to eat it, but it's there if you want it. From the looks of you, it appears you haven't eaten a good meal in weeks."

"How nice of you to point it out," I say in a smartass tone, taking a bite out of the rice in the container.
David chuckles under his breath, exhaling a cloud of smoke.
I cough and wave it away. "That stuff kills you."
"What if your already dead inside?" He remarks, "would it kill you then?"

I furrow my brow, trying to process his words. How can you be dead, but alive?
This guy...is weird.
I shake my head, ignoring that weird comment he made.
He stares at me. "You homeless?"

"Fuck off," I snap, but he raises his hands in defense. "Sorry, I was only curious, judging by your torn clothes and worn shoes."
I glance down at my outfit, sighing, feeling like a complete idiot.
"Sorry, I'm just...stressed."

"About what?"

"About my life," I exhale, "I've lived on the Arizona reservation my whole life, well, up until my mom passed a month ago. When I couldn't afford the bills, I was forced out of the only house I've ever known and...since then, I've been living on the streets, eating out of trash cans."

David does a low whistle. "What a shame."
"You don't sound like you mean it," I sass, but he stands up and reaches for a bottle.
He takes a drink, and licks his lips slowly. In a really, creepy, way.
"You know, I was at rock bottom too, once," he says, eyes lost in staring at the bottle. "My girlfriend dumped me, I lived in a shitty apartment, my job sucked, everyone in my life either wished me dead or told me that I wouldn't make it anywhere..."

He trails off, smirking. "The look on there faces when they saw what I've become."
I almost ask what he means, but he passes me the bottle. "Thirsty?"
"No," I wave it off, "I don't trust strangers."
"Please," he laughs, "you've eaten the food I've given you."

"I said no," I repeat, but he shakes his head. "Trust me when I saw you want to try this, it will..." He trails off, one hand trailing down the bottle. "Change your life completely."
I scoff. "How can wine do that?"

"Take a drink and find out."

I grab the bottle and examine it. Something inside of me is screaming at me not to do it, but in the end I do.
David claps. "Bravo!"

I swallow. "There, I took a drink, happy?"
"Very," he smiles, "now I'll have some company in this stuffy cave."
"What do you-" but I stop, throwing a hand over my heart that just started beating out of my chest.

I stand up, my body aching all over, especially in my mouth.
I start to hyperventilate, but David's smiling at me. "Don't fight it, Dwayne. Just let it take over."

Take over?
The pain releases, and I'm out of breath, doubling over.
David stands up. "You're just like me now."
I stare up at him. "What are you talking about?!"
"You're a vampire, Dwayne. You'll never grow old, and you'll never die..."
I gulp, no this is not possible.

I get up and rush over to the cracked mirror, and I see two fangs sticking out of my mouth.
My skin is ice cold, and all I can think about is blood...

David approaches me. "Welcome to the start of your new life, Dwayne..."

Too be continued...