Imagine 51: S. A. 😶 (Lost Boys)

(S. A. Stands for Social Anxiety.)

Requested by Alienfrfr

Pairing: Y/N x Lost Boys

Summary: *The guys have to go see Max for some business, so they have to take there ten year old sister, Y/N, who has Social Anxiety*

*Y/N's POV*

"Guys, I don't know if I wanna go," I say, even though Dwayne's practically dragging me to Max's video store.
Why couldn't they have left me home?! They know I don't do well in crowds!
David sighs. "Stop whining, we have to do this."
"Bu-bu-bu-"
"No buts!" David opens the door and we all step inside.
David's been such a jerk ever since Max called.
Whenever Max calls, David becomes a total ass.
Marko pats me on my shoulder in a comforting way. "You got this kid."
I sigh, and we all step inside.
Immediately, my heart begins to pound.
Its so busy right now...there's crowds of people everywhere, talking over each other, looking at me.
I squeeze Dwayne's hand.
David begins to discuss with Max, until Max notices my behavior.
"What's wrong with her?" He whispers to David.
David sighs. "Social Anxiety. She hates big crowds."
"Oh," he looks at me, before grabbing a lollie-pop and handing it to me. "This might cheer you up."
"What do you say, Y/N?" Dwayne nudges me.
"Th-thank you," I take it, and slowly begin to lick it.
God I want this to be over!
I feel so awkward in crowded places, like I can't breathe, or like I'm being judged or watched.
I can't stand this anymore!
I run out of the building and head for the beach, but of course I have a furious David yelling at me.
I don't go back.

***

About an hour later, they find me sitting on the sand.
David's pissed off, but he tries to hide it as he sits next to me.
"Look, you really need to get used to busy places and busy crowds."
"No I don't," I say, "I like who I am."
Dwayne sits next to me. "What about when you have friends and you want to go out? Are you just gonna run out on them too?"
"Bu-"
"I know you don't like crowds, and partially that's our fault," David sighs, "but you should become more social. Not so closed off."
He stands up. "We'll start slow, alright? Let's find you one or two friends, that way you can get comfortable around them. Then, when time passes, you can breathe easy in public places and not freak out, okay?"
I want to protest, but David's gaze says otherwise.
I sigh and nod.
"Okay..."
"Good," he takes my hand, "now let's get home before the sun comes up."

Thxs for reading!