Imagine 69: Brothers🤎 (Marko x Paul)

pairing: Marko x Paul

summary: *Marko and Paul have a heart to heart chat.*

*Marko's POV*

I dangle from the ceiling of the cave, exhaling a breath as my hands are behind my head, eyes staring at a little spot on the wall that drips a water droplet every three seconds.
I haven't been feeling too good lately...not in a sick way, vampires don't usually get sick unless its blood poisoning from a dirty blood.
No, this is the type of feeling of...well, I guess depression, if that's the word for it.
I mean, I'm happy I got my brothers, I love them all to death and would take a stake in the heart for them, but right now...I don't really love myself.
Paul enters the room. "Hey Marky, guys and I are gonna get some food. Are you coming?"
I shake my head. "Not tonight."
"Jesus," Paul shakes his head annoyed, "that's the third time in a row. We can't keep bringing you blood, you're not getting the proper nutrition! What's going on?"
I don't respond.
He sighs, before deciding to fly up to where I dangle, and stand beside me.
I almost consider moving, but at the same time, I don't.
Maybe I need someone to talk to.
"What's on your mind, little man?" he teases, before chuckling as I smack him in the back of the head gently.
"Eh, nothing," I mumble, but Paul shakes his head.
"Yeah, there's something troubling you," he taps my head, "come on, you know you can tell me anything."
Can I really? Some nights I don't feel like it...
I exhale a breath. "I don't really know, I mean..." I tug at a lose string in my patch jacket, "what's my purpose?"
"Excuse me?" He raises an eyebrow.
"I mean, why am I this? Why am I vampire? I get it, its hell of fun being irresponsible and not having a care in the world, but at the same time...when you do the same thing a thousand times, you begin to lose the same drive you used to have."
I exhale, burying my face on the inside of my coat.
"Sometimes I wish I was something else. That I had something else to...keep me going. Keep me excited."
Paul doesn't say anything, he only stares at me in a silent expression I can't quite read.
"I don't expect you to understand, I-"
"I do understand," Paul mumbles, "I've felt like that a lot honestly."
I look at him, a little surprised, judging that Paul is the most carefree brother, the one who doesn't care where anything takes him, as long as he got his moterbike and a couple smokes.
"Long before I became a vampire, I was working towards the goal of becoming a rock star," he chuckles, "I could play a guitar like ringing a bell. It was my passion, my drive, but...I lost that, I lost myself to addiction, which cost me my chance of ever becoming a rocker."
He twists and tugs at his hands nervously.
"Becoming a vampire helped pull me out of that, and after that, I felt like I could do anything I ever wanted. But after a couple of years, I realized that that wasn't entirely true. I have no one besides you and my bros to share with. I got no music, no girl...nothing. And to be honest, I'd give up being a vampire if it means I could actually make something of myself, actually BE something..."
My eyes widen. I never imagined Paul to say or think like that, I always admired Paul because he seemed so squared away in an...odd way. He didn't care about anything, was happy to go with the ride that we always go on because of David.
I guess the most carefree, smiling person hides the most pain...
I reach out, throwing my arm across his shoulder in a hug.
He chuckles, hugging me back, patting my shoulder.
"Ya know, I'm glad you came along. It'd be hella boring without you."
I smile softly. "Yeah, where would you be without me?" I joke, and he laughs.
"Unable to pull pranks on David and blame it on you," he remarks, before laughing again as I raise a fist in pretend threat.
He ruffles my hair. "You know, maybe we can find something to do together."
"Like what?"
Paul purses his lips. "Well, maybe you and I can save up on some cash and buy a couple guitars. That'll keep you busy."
He ruffles my hair, and I chuckle, fixing my hair.
"Yeah, that sounds fun," I smile at him, "thanks Paul."
"Hey, you're my brother," he throws his arm around me again, "we gotta stick together."
I nod, before I hear David's voice yelling at us to hurry up.
"Guess we should be going," Paul goes back down, fixing his leather jacket. "Hey, after dinner, let's do something, just the two of us."
"Sounds good," I remark, before pushing him, "last one outside is a rotten vampire!" I run, and Paul chuckles.
"Jeez, what are you, five?" he says, but he too can't hide the smile off his face.

Thanks for reading!