1. The Camp

Danielle's POV

Finishing brushing the last few strands of my hair, I make my way out of my tent stepping into the scorching sun. I stretch my arms above my head, my halter top rising with me. I glance down making sure I have my claw and my throwing knifes are securely strapped to my thigh before I head over to Carl who's sitting on log drawing something.

"Hey, bud." I mutter leaning down giving him a quick peck on his head. "Morning, auntie Dee." Carl responds. "Where's your mum?" I ask not spotting the tall woman. "Went looking for mushrooms in the forest." He replies quietly and I roll my eyes at this as I know exactly what that means.

Her and Shane are on their usual escapade.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows what them two have been up too. It's obvious when Lori's hair is always messed up when she comes back or Shane's shirt is crumpled up.

Like make it any more obvious that you two have just fucked, why don't ya?

This is why me and Lori don't really get along anymore. I mean, my brother hasn't even been dead for two minutes and she's moved on, to his best friend of all people. I've always had the feeling that her and Shane have liked each other way before anything happened and they prove it by having themselves a little rumble on the forest floor.

"Daryl's still on his hunt." Carl tells me pulling me out of my thoughts. "Okay bud." Everyone knows me and the Dixons get on, even if it's just a little bit. I'm pretty much the only one who does talk to them....well, when Merle's not being a complete and total asshole....which is rarely.

******

"Baby, the more you move the longer its gonna take okay, so don't." Lori tells Carl firmly as she grabs his head to stop him from moving. He hates having his hair cut, always has. Carl mumbles something under his breath making me chuckle. Shane is sitting opposite them cleaning his gun as usual as I sharpen my knifes using a slate slab.

Carl moves his head again making Lori huff which catches Shanes attention. "You think this is bad wait till you start shaving cause when that day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your moms hair cuts." Shane tells him making me smile.

He's got a point there.

"I'll believe that when I see it." Carl remarks cheekily making Shane chuckle. "Tell you what, you get through this with some manly dignity, and tomorrow I'll teach you something special." He offers trying to distract Carl which works because he perks up with interest. "I'll teach you how to catch frogs." Shane catches onto Carls eagerness.

"I've caught a frog before!" Carl tells him with confidence. I remember that time making me smile. It was his first catch and when he caught it, it made him so excited because he caught it himself but then he dropped it because of the slime on his hand.

"I said frogs, plural. And it is not to be take lightly my friend." Shane exaggerates trying to get Carl more eager for tomorrow. "There are ways and means. Few people know about it. I'm willing to share my secrets."

Carl turned around, raising his eyebrow at Lori questioningly. She shakes her head grabbing Carl's making him turn around again. "Oh I'm a girl, you talk to him." She tells him making me laugh. Shane laughs with me giving me a small smile. "It's a one time offer bud, not to be repeated."

"Why do we need frogs plural?" Carl asks raising his eyebrow at Shane. "You ever eat frog legs?" Shane asks him making Lori cringe. "Ewww!" Carl exclaims pulling a face of disgust, grimacing at the thought of eating frog legs making me laugh. "No, yum." Shane protests. "No, he's right ew." Lori backs Carl up, disgust evident in her tone.