95.

Danielle's POV

We brought Eugene to the infirmary. Without Denise, it was left down to Rosita. She knows a lot from what Denise taught her so Eugene should be in good hands.

Me, Daryl and Abraham are standing on the porch as Rick and Michonne steps out. "What happened?" Rick asks.

No one says anything as I start laughing. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. "Oh if only you listened to me."

Rick and Daryl glance at each other as Rick quirks his eyebrow at me. "Are saying this is my fault?" He asks in disbelief.

I nod, "Yeah I am Rick.....because it is. I warned you. I warned you that hitting that compound wasn't the right move. And yet you did it anyway. And now look." I say shrugging while I glare at him.

"We had do that." Rick try's to reason. I chuckle in disbelief shaking my head. "No you didn't. Hilltop was fine with the arrangement. Negan never knew about us until you took out that compound. And now he's coming after us just like I said he would. So thank you Rick. Thank you for putting my son in danger. I hope your pleased with yourself."

I push off the railing and stomp angrily down the steps as I make my way down the road. "Dani!" Rick calls out to me but I ignore him.

Shoulda listened to me.

******

Daryl's POV

I watch Dani storm off down the road. Everyone goes quiet as her words settle in. Abraham storms off as well and Rick stomps back inside, throwing the door open angrily. Michonne sighs stalking after him.

I get of the railing and walk to the gate. I get in the first vehicle in line as Spencer takes a look at my face and opens the gate, hurriedly.

Good boy.

It was stupid. Stupidest thing I had done since I pushed Dani away. I took our one and only doctor out on a run and got her killed. Not just killed, but I had led her into an ambush by the same prick I had let live.

I couldn't leave her body out here.

I push the throttle full, speeding down the road. I was wasting valuable gas but I don't care. I have to go. I couldn't let walkers get to her.

The body is right where I left it. My arrow still sticking out of her skull. I slow as I approach her. It's hard to look at. She had been an innocent. Another innocent I had failed. I drop to the ground, landing on my knees and sigh.

Sophia...Beth....and now Denise. None of them belonged in this world.

I drop back so I'm sitting on my heels and scrub at my eyes. They all had trusted me to keep them safe and I had failed them all. I know Dani considers Sophia her fault but it ain't true.

Denise will never get the chance to see if she could get better. Denise had trusted me to keep her safe, she even said so. And Tara had trusted us all to keep her girlfriend safe while she was gone and we failed her. I failed her. All because of that one prick.

Dwight.

I curl my hands into fists. I was so god damn sure they were good people.

I freeze as I hear the roar of a motorcycle engine. I jump to my feet, swinging my crossbow into my hands like I have done before more times than I can count.

The motor revs as it turns of the road and I lift my handgun at where the bike would appear. I hesitate when my bike comes into view. Dani rolls up next to the car I had taken. I lower the crossbow as she parks it and climbs off.