39. Terminus Pt.2

Daryl's POV

"The hell?" I mutter as we run past a large storage container, hearing voices inside yelling to be let out. "Keep going!" Rick yells as we all run through a bay door.

As we opened the door, we were greeted by a large room, filled with lit candles all over the floor and shelves. Names were written on the ground. The words, 'NEVER AGAIN' and 'NEVER TRUST' were written in bold letters on the wall.

"What the hell is this place?" I ask. "These people...I don't think they're tryna kill us." Michonne says. "No. They're were aiming at our feet." Dani agrees as she looks around spotting a door across from us. "There." We all ran for the door but it was locked tight. I notice another exit with the letter 'A' written on the wall beside it. "Here."

"Go!" Rick yells as we all run out of the room.
We make it outside and come to a fence, but stop when we see several people aiming guns at us. I look around spotting people on the roof doing the same.

"Drop your weapons. Now!" Gareth yells and we all hesitate before dropping our weapons. "Ringleader! Go to your left. The train car. Go. You do what we say the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway!" Gareth yells to Rick who hesitates, looking at Carl but with a nod from Carl, he walks away to the train car.

"Now the archer!" I glare at him before looking at Dani as she nods. I turn walking off as Gareth calls out again. "Now the samurai!" I hear Michonne's footsteps behind me. "Now blade!" He yells out and I know he means Dani.

"Stand at the door! Ringleader, archer, samurai and blade! In that order!" Gareth orders. We all line up outside looking back to Carl. "My son!" Rick yells back. There's a small pause. "Go kid!" Carl sighs in relief and walks to us. "Ringleader! Open the door and go in!"

"I'll go in with him!" Rick yells not moving. "Don't make us kill him now!" Knowing he was fighting a losing battle, Rick pulls open the door stepping inside. We all follow him stepping behind. I turn around just as Dani comes in and I grab her, pulling her to me.

When we was all in, someone closes the door locking us in silence. It was completely dark in here. The only light was from the gaps. The silence doesn't last line as a voice speaks up. "Rick?" We all look down the car see Glenn.

"You're here." Rick breathes in relief. More people appear behind him as I realise it's Maggie, Sasha and bob. Four other people stand up and step forward. Two women and two men. Rick gives them a questioning look. "They're our friends. They helped save us." Maggie explains.

"Yeah. Now they're friends of ours." I nod. "For however long that will be." The redhead says gruffly. "No." Rick walks to the gap in the door. "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." He says.

"Find out what?"

Rick turns back to us. "They're fucking with the wrong people."

******

Rick asked all to try and make weapons. I was tryna sharpen something as I see a knife in my eye vision. I look at Dani who's sitting next to me. "Take it." She whispers and I grab it from her as I keep my eyes on her. "What?" She asks without looking.

"I've missed ya." I tell her and she gives me the smallest smile. "Missed you too." Is all she gives me.

Rick's right. Something happened.

Abraham the redhead, is explaining how they got put in here as Maggie and Glenn walk over to us. "Hey." Maggie whispers. Dani doesn't answer or look at them as they furrow their eyebrows in confusion.