181. Home

Daryl's POV

"Hey." I call out Dani and Carol who walk towards me. "Hey." Dani says softly as she stands next to me. "Gabriel and Rosita just left with the first group."

"Did Oceanside give an answer?" Carol asks as she squints against the sun. "Yes, and they'll take some. Luke's gatherin' up about a dozen of them. We can take the rest." Footsteps approach from behind Carol and Dani's face turns into a glare as Maggie walks towards us.

"Hi." I nod at her. "Hey." She says softly as someone calls her. "Maggie." We turn around around and see two guys coming towards us. "Who's that?" Carol asks as Maggie walk past her. "These are my people." Maggie tells her Dani scoffs.

"Oh, so we're no longer her people. Nice." She snarls angrily as Carol looks at her worriedly. "Is everybody okay?" Maggie asks the two men. "Hershel's fine. Don't worry." The white man tells her. "And everyone else?" She tilts her head. "Holding tight at the rendezvous."

Maggie nods. "Bring them back. Come on. I want you to meet my friends." They walk over to us. "Dani, Daryl, Carol.....Elijah and Cole." Maggie introduces. "Hershel and I were living with their people until recently. We lost the village."

"And now we need to live with you." Cole says, leaving no room for argument and Dani scoffs. Maggie shakes her head. "I thought I'd take them to Hilltop." She explains and me and Dani look at each other wearily.

This isn't going to go good.

Maggie catches the look. "What is it?" She asks, concern in her tone. "It's best if we show you." Dani tells her before she takes off in the direction of Hilltop. I sigh before I follow behind and hear their footsteps not long after.

******

We make it to Hilltop and let Maggie walk out of the woods first. She freezes on sight straight away as she looks at what was once her home. "Maggie." Carol speaks up. "Negan was with the Whisperers." She tells her and Dani sighs. "Why? Why piss her off even more?" She grumbles but only I hear her.

"That night. I wanted you to hear it from me, because-" Maggie cuts her off. "It was you?" She asks in disbelief. "You let him out?"

Carol nods. "Alpha needed to die, and Negan was our best chance. We were gonna lose everything. Negan's a reason we didn't." Carol explains and Maggie frowns as she takes in the information.

"So what now?" Cole asks. "Everyone's just supposed to go to....what was it?"

"Alexandria." I answer him and he nods. "Right." He says lowly. "So, we all go to Alexandria and live next door to the guy who torched this place? Same guy who killed her husband- is that right?"

"Why the hell are you angry?" Dani growls at him. "You've known her for what, ten minutes? You have no right to talk about things that didn't include you. Be grateful you're getting somewhere to live because if it was up to me, I wouldn't allow you in."

Cole looks her up and down. "Well, it's not up to you." She chuckles making him frown. "It is up to me sunshine. I'm head of security at Alexandria and only I get a say in who lives there. So I'd watch your tone with me." She warns.

"We're still figurin' it out." I step in before she blows a fuse. "Cole." Maggie calls him and he drops his glare as he looks at her. "Can you go grab Hershel and bring him to Alexandria?"