180.

Daryl's POV

"Don't go home. We got a plan to end this. One I think you'd like. Man, being on the run like this, barely scraping by.....reminds me of the old gang. Seems like ages now. Michonne?" As I walk around the perimeter, I try to get in contact with Michonne. Everyone's been trying but failing. "Can you hear me? Michonne?" Still nothing.

I hear shuffling behind me and around, my crossbow raised. Dani steps out and raises her hands. "Don't shoot sir, I'm innocent." She teases and I chuckle shaking my head. "Anythin'?"

She shakes her head. "No. But we need to have a word with our niece." She says seriously and I frown at her. "Negan just radioed me. Said she's not in the building. Said Luke asked Carol to go find something for him and she saw that as her opportunity to leave." I sigh frustrated.

This girl....

******

I hear the snarling of walkers and we creep towards the sound when Dani sighs. I turn to face her and she points her arm outwards. I follow her and shake my head when I see Judith putting her mini-sword through a walkers head that lay on the ground.

"Judith." I call and she jumps a little, looking up at us. "What're you doin'?" I look around at the walkers she's killed. "I'm fine." She lifts her chin defiantly.

"Who you with?" I don't see anyone else and if what Negan had told Nelle is true, then the people ain't doing a good job at watching the kids. "No one." She says lowly. "Judith." Dani shakes her head. "I thought I told you not to leave Liams side."

Judith looks down. "Come on. We're going back. Let's go." I start to walk away when she stops me. "Please, I wanna stay." She begs. "No." Dani answers shortly.

"I left Father Gabriel a note. I swear, it's fine." She tries again and I shake my head. "No, that wasn't a question. Let's go." I turn to go again. "No." She says stubbornly. "I hate it up there. Smells like cat pee. I wanna learn what you two do, how to keep us safe. In case something happens."

I sigh as I look at her. "We walk the perimeter. We look for anythin' that looks wrong. If we find somethin', we go somewhere safe, and we radio it in." I explain and Dani continues. "There's no room for mistakes, not right now nugget."

Judith nods her head understandingly. "I know." I look at Dani who shrugs at me. "Up to you." I ponder it for a minute before nodding. "Alright. If you do this with us, you're gonna do everythin' we say, you're gonna stay right next to us. All right?" Judith gives us a small smile. "Promise."

"All right. Come on." Dani holds her hand out for Judith to take. Her small hand grasps Dani's before they start to walk in front of me, so I can keep my eyes on them. "You have got him wrapped round your little fingers missy." Dani whispers to her but I can hear them. Judith chuckles. "So do you auntie Dee."

It's true. They both do.

******

I put my hand out to stop the girls. "A hunter moves," I begin. "Everythin' else moves around it. Try to spot things that don't belong, things that just don't feel right. Now take a look. Tell me what you see."

Judith gazes around the forest, her little brown eyes moving everywhere before she walks over to a tree and mine and Dani's lip turn up. "Living or dead, nugget?" Dani asks. "Walker." Judith tells her confidently. "Good girl." Dani praises, nudging her chin gently.

"They could be roundin' up more. Stay behind me." I tell them both as I walk on in front. We walk a couple more miles before I stop the girls, moving them to hide behind some leaves that cover us.