81.

Danielle's POV

Maggie and I are still sat on the platform. We sat side by side in silence for a long time. Neither of us not knowing what to say. It's been hours judging by how the sun was moving.

There are walkers everywhere. They fill the streets of Alexandria and swarm a few empty houses. All though I'm only guessing they empty though I doubt it if their excited snarls are anything to go by.

"Do you think the others are safe?" Maggie breaks the silence and asks me whispering as she looks out to the walkers. I hope so. I haven't stopped thinking about Liam. I just pray that he's with Rick, Carl, nugget and Michonne. I know Michonne will protect them with her life.

I glance at her seeing how worried she looks and I know not just for the people here. She's majorly worried about Glenn. "Yeah, I hope so." I finally say answering her question.

She turns to look at the sky and I follow her gaze. I'm not sure how long it's been since the wall went down. The sun is low in the sky and night is approaching. It was going to be chilly as Maggie is already shivering beside me.

I fiddle with my wedding rings thinking of Daryl. "He'll be alright you know." Maggie says in a quiet voice as she glances at me. I glance over at her frowning. "Daryl. He'll be alright. He is alright." She clarifies then snorts. "If anyones alright it's him..." she then looks at me sideways with a small smile. "Or you. Talk about a power couple."

I chuckle as shake my head at her joke before I feel a lump at the back of my throat. She notices the look on my face. "I've never seen two people more in love than you two." A gentle smile crosse my face as I think about him. "I've never loved any man like I love him."

"I can tell. You know the other day Glenn was saying-" she drags off as she stops and looks down at her hands. It's obvious she hasn't stopped thinking about him being out there. That there won't be a possibility she won't see him again.

"You know he'll be back." I say with as much confidence as I can. She needs hope but I'm not sure if I can give that to her as I'm feeling just the same. She nods but I can see her bottom lip tremble. She sinks her teeth into her bottom lip as she looks away to fight her tears. She sniffles quietly and looks back at me. "I should have been with him."

I shake my head frowning. "Mags-" I start before she cuts me off. "No!" She snarls angrily and I can hear a few walkers perk up. "I ripped up the last picture he had of me because I had promised him.....I had promised him that he wouldn't need it, not anymore. I promised him that we would never be apart."

"You saw the balloons with your own eyes Maggie Rhee. He's coming back." I tell her. She laughs humourlessly. "Back to what, Dan?" She asks tiredly and I shake my head. "To our home." Maggie looks up and glances around at the walkers then looks down at the walkers below us. "There won't be anything left."

Jesus Maggie. I didn't realise you were such a Debbie downer.

"Off course there will. Rick, Carl, Liam, Judith, Michonne, Rosita and Tara.....they're all out there and ready to fight. Fight for this. For our home." As I finish the platform sways making me and Maggie grab onto the fence behind us.

"I'm pregnant Dan!" Maggie admits in frustration. Tears roll down her face as she admits this to me. I feel my own tears build up in my eyes as I take in her words. "Mags, why didn't you tell me?" I ask quietly. "I didn't know how. I was scared that a-after Lori, you would call me stupid for getting pregnant." She says glancing at me sadly.

I shake my head at her as my tears fall. "Off course I wouldn't. Maggie, my two best friends are having a baby. That's amazing news." She chuckles quietly as I realise something. "That's why you weren't on the quarry run wasn't it?"

She nods. "Glenn asked me to stay behind." I nod, understanding that sounds exactly like Glenn. I know if that was me and Daryl asked me to stay behind, I would tell I love him but he could go fuck himself.

Maggie looks at me and smiles teasingly. "You know if that was you, I can see you telling him to go shove it but he would still try and lock you in." She say making me laugh. "Yeah I can see that happening. It wouldn't work." She nods agreeing with me.

"Jesus, he's protective of you now, imagine how he would be if you were pregnant." She says with a huge smile. "Probably worse than Liam." That boy has definitely become overprotective just like Daryl. I tell you, sometimes my husband can be a bad influence on my son.

******

It was full night now by the time me and Maggie finished talking. We couldn't see much as our only source of light was the dimly lit moon. The walkers below us are still snarling. Like Jesus, take a break.

I hear something and frown, leaning forward. "Did you hear that?" I whisper ask Maggie.

Maggie frowns at me as I glance down. Some of our fans below us turns and walks away down the street. I lean back. "I swear I heard yelling." I say quietly. Maggie strains to hear what I heard but I can tell she couldn't.

The echoing of gunfire makes us jump, suddenly. Maggie yelps and drops her gun onto the platform. The clatter is loud and catches the walkers below attention, making them go into a frenzy.

I glance down at them as I hear more gunshots and yelling but it's not enough to draw away our fans. More start swarming us and the platform starts shaking violently. The wood creaks and I know it won't hold for much longer. I glance back at Maggie, seeing her shake with fear.

I go to say something as gunshots echo below us. "Hey!" I head someone yell. "Over here!"
We look down to see Glenn running out into the middle of the herd firing his gun. He's trying to draw them away from the platform. And it's working as the whole horde turns towards the noise.

"Glenn!" Maggie screams. "Glenn! No!!" She yells. Despite her screams, the walkers below turn towards Glenn, finding a new interest. They snarl excitedly as they scramble to follow him. "Over here!" He screams again waving his arm for good measure. "Glenn don't!" I yell this time but still, it doesn't work.

"Maggie! Dee!" Enid's voice comes from down the fence. We both turn to face her. She had climbed up the back side and held a rope in her hands to help us down. Maggie's eyes filter over to her then back to Glenn. Her eyes wide with realisation that he is sacrificing himself for us.

Glenn, you dumbass.

"Girls go!" He yells to us as I hear the clicking of his gun. He uses his now empty gun to pistol whip the walkers closing in on him. "Just get over the fence!"

"Glenn!" Maggie screams dropping to her knees. "Glenn!" She wails banging here hands weakly against the boards as she tries to get their attention. I glance at Maggie then back to Enid. "Enid, get her out of here." I say and she  glances at me and nods frantically as I pull myself over the platform and lower myself down.

"Dani! No!" Maggie yells reaching for me but I had already climbed down. I land roughly on my side as I quickly scramble to get to my feet, drawing my knives. I slash the walkers close to me, pushing them back and taking them out as I make my way to Glenn.

I take out the ones closest to me as a machine gun echos around me and Glenn making us jump out of the way. The walkers we were trying to kill all dropped to the ground. Me and Glenn look at each other in confusion as we look around.

"Can you get the gate?" A familiar voice calls out. I whirl towards the gate seeing Abraham and Sasha looking over the fence with their rifles in their hands. "Appreciate it Little Knives." Abraham calls and then the son of a bitch winks at me.

And to think I've missed him.