16.

Danielle's POV

We brought back the food before leaving to clear the cell block for the other prisoners. We laid out a few spare weapons for the prisoners to choose from. Tomas picks up a crow bar and furrows his eyebrows at it. "Why do I need this when I've got this?" He holds up his gun.

"You don't fire guns unless your back is up against the wall." Rick replies. "Noise attracts them, really riles them up." Daryl adds. "Plus we don't need to waste ammo." I add.

"We'll go in two by two." Rick starts with the plan, "Daryl will run point with Dani. T stick with 'em. I'll hold up the rear with you," he points at Andrew. "Hold formation. Anyone breaks rank we all go down or you could get mistaken for a walker and get an ax to the head."

"And that's where ya aim." Daryl adds. "These things only go down with headshot." Tomas smirks. "Ain't gotta tell us how to take out a man." I furrow my eyebrows at that sentence. "They ain't men." T shoots back. "They're something else."

With that me and Daryl took lead with T right behind us. I hold up my fist so Daryl knows to stop as I point in front hearing growls and seeing shadows. "It's coming!" Axel yells. Me and Daryl instantly shushing him.

More walkers appeared round the corner and Daryl raises his hand to tell everyone to wait. Before he could give the signal to move, the prisoners ran at the walkers and start to basically beat the shit out of them. I tilt my head and sigh. "Fuck sake." I mutter.

So much for a plan.

******

Eventually the walkers were dead and we went around to the next area, waiting for more walkers to appear. I stood just behind Daryl a little to his left. My kukri holstered, my claw at the ready.

"It's gotta be the brain." Daryl reminds them as he shoots a walker with an arrow. "Not the stomach or the heart. The brain." He says firmly. "I hear ya. The brain." Axel nods.

Another walker appeared and Oscar quickly took it out, whacking it on the head. "Like that?" He asks. "Yeah, like that." I tell him. "Stay in tight formation. None of that prison riot crap." Rick tells them.

We take out a few more before big tiny yells out making us turn to him. A few walkers around him. Rick goes to raise his python before I push his arm down just as Tomas fires his, missing me and Rick by inches. Tomas keeps his face blank but I notice the look in his eyes.

Cold.

Rick glares at him before turning to big tiny checking his wounds. He observes them before pulling away looking at me and Daryl shaking his head.

Oh, that's not good.

"I'm sorry." He tells him. A scared look takes over big tinys face. "I'm telling you I don't feel anything. It's just a scratch." Rick sighs again shaking his head. "No, I'm sorry."

"I can keep fighting!" He exclaims. "You cut of that old dudes leg to save his life." Andrew jumps in. "The scratch is on his back. What do you expect us to do?" I glare at Andrew. "Guys, I'm fine!" Big tiny tries again. "I'm fine. Look at me. I'm not changing into one of these things."

"There's gotta be something we can do." Oscar pleads. "Can't we just lock him up?" He asks. "Quarantine him?" Axel suggests. "We gotta do something! Why are you just standing there? Save him!" Andrew yells at Rick.

"There's nothing we can do." Rick tells him calmly. Andrew shakes his head. "You son of a bitch." He says as Big tiny tries again. "I'm fine-" His sentence gets cuts off by Tomas as he whacks him over the head, sending him to the ground. Tomas raises the crowbar hitting him again and doesn't stop. Daryl moves in front of me so he covers me.