139. The All Out War Pt.2

Danielle's POV

I feel my eyes widen thinking this was it. He was finally going to do what he didn't get to when we first met. Simon is going to shoot me to save Negan only.....I wasn't aiming for Negan. I was aiming for Simon.

As the knife flies, Negan surges forward. He slams his hand down on Simon's arm just as he pulls the trigger. It misses. I hear the bullet zip past me and it lodged into the car just inches from me. Negans mouth is moving but I can't hear over all the shouting.

I hadn't expected Negan to move, or expected him to try and save me. Why would he? The knife clips his leather jacket missing my target. He stills, looking up glaring from Simon to meet my gaze then he looks back down at where my knife clipped his jacket.

'Danielle.' I watch him mouth my name. His expression unreadable. Now he doesn't look like he thinks I'm adorable, he looks worried.

I reach for another knife.

Negan straightens and starts towards me. He says my name again as I shake my head at him. My fingers touch the handle and I draw the knife. He sees me pull the knife but stares me dead in the eyes like he doesn't believe I'll throw it.

I feel someone clamp a hand around my bicep and pull me backwards. I crash into Daryl's chest, stumbling over my own feet. He empties his rifle at Negan and Simon.

Daryl straightens me, giving me a gentle push back onto my feet. Then he grabs my hand and we run through the community together. Our people are retreating, firing as they go, but The Saviours are pursuing. Daryl shoots four more before his gun clicks empty. Daryl throws his gun to the ground and grabs another of the saviour he just killed.

Daryl and I fight side by side. I can hear him moving behind me, moving and firing as I did the same. Only without a gun.

I kept killing, blood soaked my knives but I kept going. I whirl towards my next enemy and it's a garbage person. I didn't hesitate as I slice my blade through her neck. I can hear Daryl somewhere behind me so we got separated. A few try to shoot me but I was too fast for them. I dodge and darted, using the cars for cover.

Blood made the knives of my handle slick but I didn't care. A Saviour comes close to me and I kick out, making him stumble before I slash my knife across his throat. Another comes towards me and I don't give him the chance to attack as I put my knife through he's jaw.

"DANIELLE!!!" I hear Negan roar from some where but I ignore it as another man comes towards me. He has a knife in his hand instead of a gun. He runs towards and I kick him high in the chest making him stumble. I kick the back of his knee and he goes down as I move behind him and slit his throat, ear to ear.

"DANIELLE!!!" I hear Negan roar again and this time it sounds closer.

I whirl around, two of my knives gripped in my hands. Negan is standing fifty feet away in a circle of his men. He lifts a brow as if he's challenging me. "You throw that knife I will kill the boy's Danielle, whether you're alive to see it or not. Drop it." I glance down and see Liam, Carl and Rick all on their knees in front of Negan.

My breath is coming out in sharp pants as I meet Liams eyes. He has a hard glare on his face, same as Carl. I suck in a breath and look around. I can't see anyone else from our group, just bodies littering the ground and Saviours pointing their guns at me.

I turn to face Negan properly and he cocks his head to the side as he lets his eyes runs over me. His tongue slides over his bottom lip as he watches me. I gaze at Liam and throw my knives on the ground, and they clatter loudly.

Negan leans to the side and I can see my actions pleased him. "That's a good girl." He says, trying to get a rise out of me by being demeaning. "I knew you wouldn't be able to kill me. Couldn't bare it in that little black heart of yours." He growls and I tighten my jaw.