131.

Daryl's POV

I sat up in the dark musky attic for what feels like hours but I know it's only been a matter of minutes. The walls are too close and not being able to see my hand in front of my face made it hard to think.

I don't like the idea of my girl down there alone. The boys had sworn to me they would take care of her. When I first climbed my ass up here and looked back to where the trapdoor was, Carl met my eyes like a man and promised me he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

I don't want to take his word on it but I trusted Carl and Liam more than I trust Rick. He has too many responsibilities on his hands, too many people to protect. He had to think of the group as a whole, whether or not she's his sister. But Carl and Liam, they take care of their family. They're tough kids. They won't let anything happen to her.

I know Dani's strong and more than capable but right now she's vulnerable and it's messing with my head. I crack my neck and take a deep breath when I hear the front door open and slam shut hard enough to rattle the windows in the house.

Anyone who lived here knows not to slam the door that hard because of Lil-ass kicker and the fact that Dani is hurt and resting. That was a warning. The Saviours are in the house.

I swing my crossbow around into my hands and the weight of it makes me feel better.

"It'll go a hell of a lot easier if you just tell him where the goodies are." I freeze at the sound of his voice. "Then you don't get your cookie jar raided."

He's here. That son of a bitch is downstairs. He's here, in the house and I'm stuck up in the dark, stuffy attic. My heart is pounding to loud to hear Ricks response.

"Don't be rude Rick. The good doctor just wants to take a peak in the medicine cabinets. Now," He chuckles knowingly. "Who else is here?"

He knows.

My grip tightens on my crossbow. I can end this right now. I lean forward to lift the trap door but it doesn't move. I jerk it roughly but it's stuck. No, not stuck. It's locked. I ground my teeth together.

Carl. Carl has locked me in here.

I pull at the door again. I can't be up here, I can't stay up here. My girl is down there and she's too hurt to fight, too hurt to take care of herself and he's here.

"Seems we have a patient in the basement doc." His voice is muffled and I know his heading for our room.

Dani. He's heading for Dani.

I have to get out of here. I pull at the trap door. I didn't know I had dropped my crossbow till both of my shaky hands are wrapped around the slimy edges of the door.

His laughs echoes throughout the house just as he's boots stop making noise. He's on the stairs. I snatch up crossbow, raising it ready to smash against the door. When I lift it the shaking in my arms distract me and I stop. If I broke through he would hear. He would hear it and punish everyone here for helping me. Hiding me.

I couldn't breath. I was gasping and my heart beat was out of control. I press my shaking hands against the door and try to breath. I tighten my hands into shaking fists.

I try to remember what Dani used to do when she had panic attacks and I'm sure she focused on something. So I focus on her. Her laugh, her beauty, her sarcasm, her body.....just her.

It works.

Liam and Carl are there. They wouldn't let him take her. And Dani.... She wouldn't go without a fight. I'm useless up here. I have to trust they can handle it.