17.

Danielle's POV

It's been a couple of days since the incident with the prisoners. Hershel's awake and thankfully not a walker. Lori had apparently saved him because he stopped breathing at one point so she had give him CPR.

Lori's not far from giving birth. Any day now. I'm getting excited just like Carl. While he can't wait to meet his new sister or brother, I can't wait to meet my niece or nephew. Fingers crossed for a niece.

Me, Daryl, Rick, T and Carol are all in the yard discussing on where to move the vehicles. "Okay let's get the other cars in. Park 'em in the west entry." Rick tells us. "Good idea. Our vehicles look like a giant vacancy sign out there." Daryl says making me chuckle which makes him smile at me.

"After that we need to load up these corpses, so we can burn 'em." T adds gesturing to the bodies. "Gonna be a long day." Carol sighs. "Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I ask. They were meant to be with us. "They're in the guard tower." T points up to the said tower.

Jesus. Again? Didn't know Glenn had so much stamina.

"Guard tower?" Rick questions. "They were just up there last night." He smirks at me making me smirk as we both know exactly what they're up too. "Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl yells up to them. After a moment, a half naked Glenn opens the door still trying to zip up his jeans. "H-hey guys, what's up?"

"You comin'!?" Daryl yells making us laugh.
"What?" Glenn asks confused. "You comin'!?" Daryl repeats again making us laugh harder, he glances back at me with a smirk making me shake my head. He knows exactly what he's doing. Glenn doesn't reply, just looks embarrassed and Daryl then makes it worse. "Come on, we could use a hand."

"Yeah, we'll be right down!" Maggie yells from behind the door. We all laugh turning round to the vehicles before movement catches my eye from behind the gate. "Um...Rick." He turns round and I point at the gate. His face instantly forming a scowl.

"Come with me." He growls to us. We all headed over to the prisoners. "That's far enough. We had an agreement."

"Please mister, we know that," Axel starts as Maggie and Glenn join us. "We made a deal. But you gotta understand, we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All them bodies, people we knew." He says. "Why don't you move the bodies out?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

I thought T told em to burn the bodies.

"We tried. We did." Axel tells us before Oscar speaks up. "The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things line up." He says. "Look we had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew. Nothing. You tryna prove a point? You proved it. We'll do whatever it takes to be apart of your group. Please don't make us live in that place." Axel begs.

"The deal is non negotiable. Your either live in the cell block or don't." Rick states simply and Oscar sighs. "Told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different to the pricks who shot up boys. You know how many friends corpses we have had to drag out? They were good guys. Not like Tomas and Andrew. We've all made mistakes. Some more worse than others. Now I ain't a saint but believe me I've paid my due."

After a few moments of silence Daryl takes them over to the front gates and locks them out before coming over and standing next to me, our shoulders rubbing. "We should give them a chance." T says.

Rick shakes his head at him. "Are you serious? You want these guys living next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab your weapons. You wanna go back to sleeping with one eye open?"