161.

Danielle's POV

Michonne decided to take the new people to Hilltop instead of letting them stay in Alexandria. She wanted me to go with her but little does she know me, Liam and Aaron go all the time, just without her knowing.

"How much further have the patrols cleared?" Michonne asks DJ from where she is on top of her horse. "Til' Route D river bend. Their rig's about....five miles past that." He answers her. "If their story checks out." Yumiko, who's sitting next to him, glares at him.

"You'd feel better if you just say it." Michonne says to Siddiq. "What makes you think I want to say something?" He asks feigning innocence.

"I'm not hearing you deny it." She replies back. "I was gonna tell you that I'm glad you changed your mind about them." Siddiq tells her honestly. "But you think I should've let them stay in Alexandria." Michonne mutters.

"Well, you're going pretty far out of your way not to." Siddiq inhales sharply. "Considering."

"Considering what?" Michonne snarls. "That you like them." Siddiq says confidently. Michonne chuckles. "Really? That's what I think?"

Siddiq smirks at her. "Uh-huh." He nods his head. "I mean, I'm not hearing you deny it." He uses her words against her making me smirk from my place on my motorbike.

Yes I still have it and now Liam has one like a mini me in male form.

Michonne sighs heavily. "Doesn't mean I trust them." She mutters.

"I want my damn knives." Magna grumbles making me glance at her. She looks like someone just a kicked a puppy right in front of her. I look the same way anytime someone takes my weapons from me.

"Look, I'm sorry about Magna. She can be a hotheaded." Yumiko apologises on Magna's behalf. "That's one word for it." Michonne doesn't look at her as she speaks. "She's been on edge since we lost Bernie." Yumiko adds.

"Was he with you long?" I ask making her glance back at me. Yumiko looks down as a small smile spreads on her lips. "Long enough. He loved getting under Magna's skin. He, Um....used to wear this absolutely horrid shirt. It was like looking into creation itself. In paisley. God, it was horrendous, but- Magna hated it. She said just looking at it gave her a migraine. So, Bernie wore it every day. For a week." She shakes her head looking down. "Honestly I think she came around on the shirt. Just like she came around on him."

"Like family." Michonne says glancing down at me as she says the words.

Sorry Michonne but you don't know they meaning of the word anymore.

"This place, Hilltop. It's safe?" Yumiko asks. "It is." Michonne answers. "What's it like?" Yumiko asks leaning forward, laying her forearms on her knees.

"It's been a while since I've been there." Michonne admits. "Then how do you know it's safe?" Yumiko asks confused.

"I promised my daughter that I would get you there and I will." Michonne says firmly. "You're just gonna have to trust me."

"It's safe." I speak up. Yumiko looks at me with the same curious gaze. I let her see in my eyes that I'm telling the truth and she nods looking back to the front.

Trust me, I know Hilltop is safe.

******

Me and Liam push on to Hilltop as the others go to the new peoples rig. I wanted to get to Hilltop and warn Aaron as I know he's going to be there, that Michonne is coming and to be prepared for her grilling.

The guard see us and let us through, nodding down to us. We drive through, our bikes reviving making everyone turn to us. Tara squeals when she sees us making me and Liam shake our heads.