117.

Danielle's POV

Following Ezekiel's instructions I make my way to the section of wall he is at. I see him standing at the top, looking over the dark forest that surround the compound. His hands are by his side, tightened into fists. I ain't surprised. He has nothing, no weapon other than a knife and he always cuddled with his crossbow when he was restless or antsy. Now he stands like statue.

Something is very wrong.

I climb the ladder as silently as possible but somehow he still manages to hear me. He whirls towards me but when he sees it's me he turns back to the forest. I walk up to him and stand next to him, shoulder to shoulder just shy of touching him. He doesn't look at me again or say anything.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask in a low voice. He glances at me over his shoulder and I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want to. He's practically radiating tension. "Talk 'bout what?" He growls looking back off into the darkness.

"About the fact that there is a freaking tiger roaming around." I say throwing a look over my shoulder. I still can't get over the fact that Ezekiel actually has a tiger.

Daryl follows my gaze to Ezekiel and turns back to scowl at me but it doesn't bother me. "I mean how the fuck did he get a tiger in the first place? And whatever happened to having a dog as a pet? And what's he feed the bleeding thing?" I ramble out questions.

"And what happens if it breaks loose? You know, she could easily attack some one and he can't exactly call animal control now can he?" I say sarcastically. "She's got to have-" I don't get to finish my sentence as Daryl cuts me of.

He grabs my shoulders, spinning me to face him and smashes his lips against mine to silence me. He kisses me so soundlessly, I'm gasping for breath when he pulls back.
"Nelle-" he starts to say as he looks down at me. "What-" he stops to snort as he shakes his head. "What the hell are ya talkin' bout baby?"

I jerk my thumb over my shoulder indicating to Ezekiel. "Shiva." I say as though it's obvious. He frowns. "What?" He asks confused. "Ezekiel's tiger." I reply.

He shakes his head and turns back to the forest. There's a moment of silence between us and I sigh. I step up beside him and wind my fingers through his. He's stiff and tense but doesn't push me away. Instead, he winds his fingers through my own and squeezes.

We stand together just watching the darkness. I feel him tense every so often and I can see him keep glancing at me to see if I noticed but I didn't let him know. He clears his throat breaking out silence. "You should go back to sleep."

I glance up at him, tightening my grip on his hand. "So should you, when was the last time you slept properly?" I ask concerned. He looks down at me and scowls but then shakes his head and looks away. I watch him swallow, his Addams apples and he's jaw tightens. He doesn't respond and I know the answer.

"Dare-" I start to say and he turns to look at me. Even in the near darkness I can see the tension in his eyes. "I can't Nelle." His says in a low voice, he hangs his head as though he's defeated. I step up to him so his head rests on my shoulder and I wrap my arms around him. It takes him a minute but he hugs me back, pulling me tightly against him. He lets out a shuddering breath as he fights to keep his emotions in check.

I feel tears burn the back of my eyes. It was my fault. "I'm sorry." I whisper, my voice hoarse with emotion. Daryl pulls back and looks into my eyes. He scowls at me when he sees my tears. He makes an angry noise in the back of his throat. "None of this was your fault." He says firmly. When I don't respond, he gives me a rough shake. "Ya hear me?" He growls. "It's all his fault, not yours."