78.

Danielle's POV

Rick doesn't kick Morgan out, unfortunately. Instead he gives his old friend a warning and tells him letting anyone go who posed a threat to the community was unacceptable. That if he couldn't do, he needed to find someone who could.

I could tell the meeting shook Morgan as he excuses himself and rushes out the front door. I glance at the others but they don't appear to have anything else to say so I follow out the door.

I step up to the porch railing and rest my hands on it. I just want Daryl back home. I hadn't gotten any sleep for 24 hours now and all though I'm exhausted, I can't sleep till I know Daryl is alright. He would be the same if it was me.

The door behind me opens and Ricks cowboy boots slap against the wood followed by Michonnes steady footsteps. They both step up beside me. Michonne stands stiffly gazing at the community, looking troubled.

Rick mimics my posture, gazing out as well, his shoulders tight with tension and stress. After a few minutes he speaks. "If we could somehow get outside the walls, get back to our cars at the quarry we could use them to draw the herd away."

I nod. "It wouldn't be tough to get one or two over the wall as long as they know what they are doing." Michonne frowns and steps forward. "We could set up more watch points. Coordinate the shooting of the guns and flares so we could pull them out in even direction."

"It won't take that much even. A single distraction at one of the corners should be enough to slip through." I suggest. Rick nods and quirks a brow at me. "You volunteering sis?" I look sideways at him and a smirk tugs at my lips. "Try and stop me."

"I figured." He laughs. "All right, me and you will go over the wall. We can be all of our people on it. Carl, Liam, Tara, Rosita, Carol..."

Michonne leans forward frowning at Rick. "What about everybody else?" She asks, disapproval on her face. "Let's just keep this to our own for now." Rick clears his throat. "Really?" Michonne scoffs in disbelief.

Rick turns so he is facing her and leans back against the railing, crossing his arms over his chest. He's not going to be moved on this and neither am I. These people don't know how to do things like we do. "If we had the time to bring people along, sure. But we haven't had a chance to catch our breath."

"Really?" She asks again like she can't believe the words that are coming out of my brothers mouth. "We're in here together. We're catching our breath right now. Anything else is just excuses." Michonne looks at me as though I would agree with her. I quirk an eyebrow and shake my head.

Nope, I'm on Ricks side with this one.

Rick suddenly straightens and I glance around Michonne seeing Deanna coming towards us. "Deanna," Rick greets. "What's that?" Deanna come up with a roll of over sized papers in her hand. "Plans, for the expansion." She says flashing a smile.

Seriously? Now is so not the time.

"We've got a few other things on our minds right now." Rick says casually. "We're working out plans on how to draw the herd away." He tells her. "I know, these are for what Alexandria can be after this, because one way or another there's going to be an after this." She looks back and forth between us. "So how are we going to do this? How can I help?"

Not being rude, but don't think you'd be much use.

Rick presses his lips into a thin line. "We'll get the cars from the quarry, lead the herd away."

"Who?" Deanna asks in concern. Rick clears his throat. "Me and Dani are going over the wall." Deanna's eye widen in alarm and she's swings her gaze over to me. I cock my hip and rest my hand on my claw. She needs to realise I'm not useless. She nods slowly as she watches me.