86.*

Daryl's POV

It was dark when we finally get back to Alexandria. None of us had spoke for hours. I spent most of the time trying to come up with words to convince Rick 'cause when he's set on something, he's nearly impossible to move.

As Rick slows, pulling up to the gate, I clear my throat. "You know I was thinking, back before we went out to the quarry, the morning after Pete and reg, how you said we shouldn't be looking for people no more. You were right."

"No." Rick says immediately. "I was wrong. You was right." He flips the bright lights on and off and the gate slides open. Rick drives through the gate as Spencer waves at Dani making me scowl at him.

Seriously. All this time had passed and he still hasn't learnt.

Rick drives the SUV over to Denise's and Tara's house and parks out front. We pull Jesus out of the car as Dani swings her backpack on her shoulder. I grab him under his arms as Rick and Dani grab his legs. He weighs more than he looks and we struggle to get him up the porch steps.

Dani leans forward and knocks on the door with her boot. The porch light turns on and Denise answers the door with Tara behind her, both wearing pyjamas.

"Who's this?" Denise frowns down at Jesus.

"Come on man, he's heavy." Denise flinches at me harsh tone and I dial it back a little. "Ah, That thing, we um- we talked about didn't work out. It's this assholes fault. Sorry." I grunt as we manoeuvre Jesus into the house.

"Lay him on the bed." Denise says stepping back out of the way. "All right, ya take a look at him, he ain't stayin' though." I say glaring at Rick. This asshole costed us a lot today.

Once Denise looked him over, we brought him down to the townhouse we used a few times as a cell. We really need to get someplace more secure.

I tie Jesus up, tighter than before. Knots there's no way he can get out of. Rick lays a glass of water and a note explaining where he was and what was happening. Rick even put a cool rag Denise wanted on his forehead.

"We'll see." Rick says.

"Tara said she'd take the watch." Dani tells us both.

Thank god because I just want time with my girl.

Rick nods looking exhausted. "It is pretty stupid of us to go out here isn't it?" Rick asks no one in particular.

"Yep." I nod agreeing. "Do it again tomorrow?" Dani asks looking at us both. We chuckle and nod. "Yep." Rick agrees.

******

Me and Dani walk down the stairs into our room as she walks over to the desk, dropping her bag on it as she takes of her sheath and steps out of her boots. She unzips her shorts and wiggles out of them leaving her in just her T-shirt and panties.

"What was in them boxes you where puttin' in there?" I ask. She turns her head smirking at me as I step out of my boots. She digs in the bag as I sit on the bed. She grabs the boxes in her hands and drops them on the bed. My eyes widen in shock as I see eight boxes of condoms.

I look up at her, seeing her give me an innocent look. "There was only one full box of them and I grabbed them all." She says. I chuckle shaking my head as I reach out and grab the back of her thighs, pulling her between my legs.

I reach into my pocket and pull out the ring I had found. She looks down at it confused. "Um Dare, you already asked me to marry you." She says in a teasing voice.

I roll my eyes at her and pull her right hand to me. I slip the ring on to her middle finger and push the clip on top making the sharp blade stick up. She gasps in awe looking at the ring. "Holy shit. That's amazing." She says.