160. Six Years Later

Danielle's POV

Six years later.

"Judith!" I yell into the woods but don't get a reply. "Judith!" I yell again when I still don't get a reply. "Aaron where the hell is she?" I ask rhetorically in a quiet yet worried voice. "Hey we'll find her okay." Aaron reassures me rubbing my shoulder.

"Jude!" He yells this time in a louder, deeper voice. "I'm here!" A small voice comes from in front of us making me breath a sigh of relief when I see my niece. "Are you okay?" I ask as me and Aaron come to a stop in front of her as I look her over for injuries.

A whimper sounds out before she answers making me glance behind her. A group of people come out as one of them whimper in pain. "I heard them calling. They need our help." Judith explains to us as they're with her.

"Our rig....it got overrun by sickos. We owe our lives to Miss Grimes here." The only man in the group speaks up, breathing heavily. Judith grabs a water bottle from Aaron's shoulder. "They still need our help." She says firmly as she drops the water in front of the hurt woman who immediately opens the cap.

"We can't. You know that." Rosita tells her firmly but gently. "But-" Judith starts before stopping herself as she sighs.

"Hey, I dabbled in the culinary arts, once upon a time ago, and, uh..." the man starts. "Luke." One of the woman mutter, giving him a look. "You know, with a little bit of help, I can help whip this buck into a mighty fine osso buco." Luke says pointing at the buck we hunted.

"Stew." Eugene mutters as he glares at the man. "We make stew. More mileage for the masses."

"There are more of you?" One of the other women asks. "Way more, with walls
and-" Judith starts to say before I cut her off. "Judith." I say firmly. She turns to me and I shake my head, the same as Laura does.

I glance up seeing one the women sign to another women with curly hair. She tells her that Judith said we are part of a larger group.

Growls sound out and a few walkers appear, staggering, from behind the new people. Eugene and Laura walk around all of us with their knives out and take out the walkers, quietly.

"There's more on the way. We gotta get out of here." Rosita points out as more growls sound out in the distance.

Judith turns back to face us. "They need food and water and medicine." She says glancing back at the new people before looking back at us. "If they don't go, I don't go." She says firmly making a smirk tug at the corner of my lips.

She's so stubborn. Exactly like Carl was.

Rosita glances at me and Aaron. I look at Aaron and shrug. "I can handle Michonne but it's your call double A." He looks at me, pondering the decision before he shakes his head and sighs harshly. "Come on." He mutters.

Two of the woman help the injured woman up, letting her arms rest around their shoulders before they follow Rosita who takes lead. Me and Aaron wait for Eugene and Laura to pass us before we take the rear.

It's going to be fun when we get home....not.

******

We make it back to Alexandria in one piece as the person on gate duty opens it up for us as Judith leads the new people in. She takes one of their hands leading her in front.

"Mom!" I hear making me turn around just in time as CJ barrels into me. "Hey bubba. You miss me?" I ask as I crouch down and he wraps his arms around me. He nods his head as he pulls back. "Yeah I really missed you." He tells me making me smile as Liam comes up to us. He kisses my cheek as I stand up before he ruffles CJ's hair. "Was he good?" I asks Liam quietly who nods his head smirking.