32.

Daryl's POV

We made it to the college. All of us stuffed our bags with everything we could find. Antibiotics, breathing tubes etc.

We were walking down a hallway in complete darkness only a mini flashlight between us. I spotted a couple of walkers inside a classroom just wandering. I left them as it would be just a waste of time killing them.

We made a run into another room but the door wouldn't shut properly so me and Tyrese push some of the cabinets against it to stop anything coming in.

Michonne starts walking as she points to a sign that says stairs. We all follow her as we come across a set of double doors that has a chain wrapped around the handles. We stare at it for a moment before walkers start pushing through the gap.

"How many?" I ask Michonne. "I can't tell." She replies. Walkers start clambering through the other door, tripping over the makeshift barrier. "We could take 'em." Tyrese suggests.

"No! They're infected. Same as the prison!" Bob yells. "We fire at them and get their blood on us, breathe it in. We didn't come all this way too get sick." He says. "How do we know the ones in there are different?" Tyrese questions. "We don't." Michonne replies.

"Lucks gotta change sometime." I mutter as I open the door and Bob and Michonne take out the walkers that are blocking us. We rush up the stairs being followed by walkers as we come to a dead end. Tyrese grabs a fire extinguisher and throws it through a window.

We all climb out, Bob coming last as he trips and falls, his bag slides to the edge. The walkers below reach up and grab it but he holds on tightly not letting the bag go. We all grab him trying to pull him back.

"Bob let it go." Michonne demanded. "Let it go, man. Just let it go." Tyrese repeats. Bob ignores us and keeps pulling on the strap. "Let go of the bag, man!" I yell. He manages to pull it away but he pulled it to hard making it drop to the ground. The sound of glass clinking catches my attention. I bend down and grab the bag, opening it up pulling out a bottle of whiskey.

Is he for real?

I turn and glare at him who was avoiding eye contact with me. "You got no meds in your bag? Just this?" I ask as Bob just stares at me. "You  shoulda kept walking that day." I grow to throw the bottle and Bob reaches for the gun in his holster. "Don't."

I'm unfazed by the gun and walk over to him, getting right in his face. I snatch the gun away giving it to Michonne before grabbing his jacket. "Just let it go, Daryl." Tyrese says. "Mans made his choice. Nothing you can do about it. Just let it go."

I let go of him but don't stop glaring. "You take one sip before those meds gets to our people or my girl, I will beat your ass to the ground." I growl out, shoving the bottle into his chest.

I walk away as Tyrese and Michonne follow. All I can think about is Dani. She was back at the prison suffering. I promised her I'd be back with meds, soon. I just hope we aren't too late. I'm in no way ready to lose her.

No, I'm not gonna lose her.

******

Danielle's POV

None of us are getting better. Our symptoms are getting more aggressive. Me, Glenn and Sasha are tryna hold down Henry as Hershel put a breathing tube down him. I held on his arms trying my best to keep my breathing under control. He finally gets the breathing tube down him as we all sit back having used all the strength we have.

"Some council meeting huh?" I joke. "We're two members short." Sasha quips.

"I think we need to make some new rules before they get back." Hershel jokes. "I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays." I chuckle before it's turns into a cough. I grimace at the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. I'm slowly getting used to it.