59. *

Danielle's POV

Me, Daryl, Rick and Carol all left Alexandria so we could continue our discussion without the risk of being heard. We told Tobin, the guy on guard duty, we were going out shooting so it wouldn't raise suspicion. We wanted to figure out a way into the armoury.

Rick leads us to a small house in the middle of the woods that he and Carl had been to the day before. There's a faint growling around us. "I don't see it." Daryl says. "But it's close. Just one of 'em."

"We won't be here long." Rick replies. "So, what do you think?" He asks. "We go in when it's empty." Carol suggests. "How are we gonna do that?" I ask. "It's locked up at night."

"The window. There's a latch, I can leave it open." Carol explains. "A latch." Rick says unsurely. "Yeah." Carol nods. "What if one of those pricks shut it?" Daryl asks. "Wait a couple days, leave it open again." Carol shrugs. Another growl comes from behind the house. "It's getting closer." Daryl mutters.

"We need to do it sooner or later." Rick says. "Right now they're not watching us. Not worrying about meetings like this. We may need the guns, we may not."

"We will." Carol quickly says. "Whatever way this goes." She adds. "They're the luckiest damn people I've ever met. And they just keep getting luckier." Rick shakes his head. "How's that?" I ask. "We're here now." Rick responds making me furrow my eyebrows.

"They've got a couple of footlockers full of nine millimetre autos. Other guns too. Just tossed in there. They don't use them, they're never gonna know they've gone." Carol tells us. "Well, someone's got one now, right?" Daryl gestures to the pile of trash next to the house.

Rick had hidden a handgun here with nuggets initials written on it in a lunch pale and left it buried in the trash pile before the group arrived in Alexandria when the RV broke down. When he came back to check, the gun was gone.

"Hmm." Rick nods concerned. "Listen the others.....we want them to try." He says. "We do." Carol agrees as the walker appears behind me and starts walking our way. "So we keep it quiet. Just us four." Rick nods to the walker. "Here it comes."

"I got him." I say pulling a knife out, ready to throw but Carol stops me. "Hey wait." She raises her silent gun and shoots the walker in the chest several times before she finally shoots it in the head. We all look back at her, confused. "You said you were taking me out shooting. I can't go back with a full mag." Carol explains.

"Lucky it came by." Daryl mumbles. "We should get back." Rick says to us. "You pull the latch, we'll pick our moment. Us? We don't need to be lucky." He says. "The hells that?" Daryl questions looking down at the dead walker. We walked over to him to look at what his talking about. "Is that a 'W'?"

I look down at the walker seeing a 'W' been carved into the walkers forehead. "You think it means something?" I ask. "I don't know." Rick mutters. He glances around the area looking nervous. "Come on." We all walk back to Alexandria, Carol and Rick ahead as I walk beside Daryl. "I'mma stay out here a while." Daryl tells me.

"Alright. You gonna be okay?" I ask. "Yeah. Just need to get out." He says. "I get it. I was the same yesterday. Being behind walls again feels odd." I tell him honestly. "Mmm." He hums in agreement. "What ya got planned today?"

"I think after the disaster of a run we had yesterday, I'm staying in." I chuckle. "Might talk to Deanna about security." I tell him. "Sounds good." Daryl nods. "If we end up going through with this plan, it will good knowing what's what."

We reach the end of the woods and Daryl grabs my arm. "I'll be back later." He runs his hand up and down my arm making me shiver. "Okay. Be safe." He smiles. "I will. Love you." He whispers. "Love you." I whisper back pecking his lips. He winks at me turning to leave.