3. Atlanta

Danielle's POV

Daryl turns round and raises his crossbow at T as Rick takes out his python and points it at Daryl's head. I go to say something before Glenn grabs my arm, shaking his head at me.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick growls out. Daryl looks at me and I shake my head at him silently telling him to listen. He grunts and puts it down. "You got a do rag or somethin'?" He asks T.

T produces a royal blue one from his pocket and hands it to him. Daryl lays it on the floor, picking up Merles cut off hand and wraps it up. "He must of used a tourniquet, there'd be more blood if he didn't." Daryl tells us looking at the drops of blood on the ground.

Daryl stands up and nods his head for us to follow as he takes the lead through the open door where the blood trail leads through. "Merle, ya in here!?" He shouts out as I take out my claw, taking out a walker who limped towards me.

"He had enough in him to take out these two sumbitches." Daryl tells Rick pointing at the two walkers on the floor. "Toughest son of a bitch I ever met my brother." Rick looks at me before replying. "Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is."

Ain't that the truth.

"Merle!" Daryl shouts again. "We're not alone here, remember." Rick reminds him, quietly. "Screw that. He could be bleedin' out, ya said so yourself." Daryl replies reloading his crossbow.

"Hey, what's that stuff?" Glenn points to a slate that has stuff hanging off it. "It's skin. He cauterised the stump." I explain as Rick picks up the slate looking it over, the slate still looks hot so we couldn't have missed him by much.

Glenn grimaces. "Told ya he's tough." Daryl mumbles to Rick. "Nothin' can kill a Dixon but a Dixon." I smile at that. "Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood." Rick tells him and Daryl looks at him before walking over to a broken window. "Yeah. Didn't stop him from bustin' out of this death trap."

"He left the building. Why would he do that?" Glenn asks confused. "Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows. Doin' what he know best. Survivin'." Daryl answers him.

"You call that surviving? Wandering the streets passing out. What are his odds out there?" T makes a good point but of course Daryl didn't see it that way. "No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks." He snarls, looking at the three men.

He stalks up to Rick, standing in front of him. "You couldn't kill him. Ain't so worried about some dead bastard." Rick squares up to him. "What about a thousand dumb dead bastards - different story?" He asks. "Why don't ya take a tally? Do what ya want- I'm gonna go get him." Daryl tells him going to walk away before Rick pushes him back.

Oh, never put your hands on a Dixon without there permission.

"Daryl, wait." Rick try's stopping him. "Get your hands off me! You can't stop me." Daryl says angrily. "I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine." Rick says to him, both of them glancing at me quickly before looking back to each other.

"Daryl, he can't get far with that injury." I jump in making Daryl look at me. "We'll help you look but only if we keep a level head." He nods his head at me. "I can do that." We then look to T as he looks at me and I give a sheepish look making him hold his hands up. "Fine but not without those guns." We all nod finally agreeing on something.

******

We're all in an office making a plan to get the guns. Glenn takes the lead as he knows his way around better than any of us. "Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like ya that much." Daryl says disagreeing with the plan and I give him a 'seriously' look which he shrugs his shoulders at me.