Bonus Chapter 4. Hospital

Daryl's POV

Hilltops scouters had found an abandoned hospital not to far from their community and Maggie had asked if some of us could come and help scout the place.

Me, Dani, Rick, Aaron, Jerry and Michonne had offered to go with them. Maggie along with Magna, Yumiko, Connie, Carol, Ezekiel and Tomi, Yumiko's brother she had found in another community, agreed to go.

We decided to split up and explore different parts in three different groups. Me, Dani, Aaron and Rick search the ground floor where the old reception is. We split up and search the different rooms.

I end up with the records room and go to search through it when I hear a crash. I run outside and see walkers gathering up outside the glass doors, some of them are even using rocks to try and smash the windows.

These walkers are different. They are somewhat intelligent. It reminds me of the first time we had come across the Whisperers, only these walkers are real.

"Block the doors!" Dani shouts, pulling a gurney over with her. "Aaron, help me with this." Aaron runs over and helps her wheel the bed in front of the doors just as the glass begins to break, just enough for one of the walkers to reach inside.

Aaron grabs it by its wrist and pulls it forward, before stabbing his knife through its head. As I move to help Rick, I see Aaron and Dani fighting off any walker that tries to get through as they try and keep the gurney in place.

Me and Rick used everything we could as the others ram down to help us, obviously hearing the crash. Everyone tries blocking the glass as I see Dani stop and stare out one of the large windows. Her eyes go wide and I follow to what she's looking at.

A walker holds a brick in both its hands and start banging against the glass. Tendrils from as the glass begins to break. As it starts to creak, all the other windows begin to crack. "We've got to go!" Carol yells.

We all start to run off as I hear Dani scream out the loudest she ever has. I turn around in time to see a walker dragging her arm through the window as her arm scrapes across the broken glass.

As I push through everyone to get to her, I see her pull out a knife and weakly stab the walkers head. She moves to pull out it once the walker drops and the force is too much as she falls backwards and her head slams against the solid floor tiles.

"NO!" I yell as I get to her. The glass around us breaks even more and walkers move to push through. I hook my arms under her limp body and lift her up, running away right as the glass completely shatters and walkers flood in.

******

"She got bit!"

"Put her on the table. Grabs some gauzes, anything you can find!"

"Find something to can use as a tourniquet, quickly!"

I block out all the voices as I lay Dani on a table as her eyes barely stay open. I place a pillow under her no doubt, pounding head to make her a bit more comfortable. I grip her left hand with all my strength, letting her know I'm here.

"D....Daryl...." She tries to speak as she whimpers in agony, and I tighten my grip on her hand. "Shhh, it's gonna be okay." My voice is quiet as tears drip down my cheeks. Rick stands behind me as he watches Tomi and Carol.

She cries out when Tomi grabs her arm and leans it on the cold surface. "Be careful." I snap at him as I watch her face scrunch up in pain. Carol ties a rubber band around her upper arm and she tries to move her arm out of reflex, only for Carol to hold it down.