93.

Danielle's POV

I groan as my eyes flutter open. The bright daylight coming in through the infirmary windows. "Hey, you're awake." Denise smiles softly as she comes in.

I groan as I sit up feeling my ribs contract. "Yep. How long was I out?" I ask sipping the water that is on the side. "All night. Daryl left about an hour ago to work on his bike." She informs me.

They're back.

I frown at her words. "Wait, what bike?" I ask. I thought that Dwight dickhead took it. Denise sees the look on my face as she answers. "He got a new one from the compound apparently." She explains.

Ahh that explains it.

A smile tugs at the corner of my lips as I get off the the bed. "Are you okay? How you feeling?" Denise asks looking concerned as she did the night before. "I'm fine. I've been through worse."

Denise nods and looks like she want to say something else to me. "What Denise?" I ask quirking my eyebrow at her. She bites her lip nervously, "I take it you're going to see Daryl right?" She asks.

I nod. "Yeah, why?" I ask curiously. She shifts her weight, anxiously. "Do you mind if I walk with you? I want to ask you both something and it's better if you're both together so I don't have to repeat myself."

I shrug. "Okay. But fair warning, Daryl is normally grumpy in the mornings." I tease. She chuckles nervously.

Jesus, does Daryl really make her that nervous?

Denise leads the way down the sidewalk to our house. When we get close, I spot Daryl working on a bike out front. He looks up when he hears our footsteps and his frown softens when he sees me.

He drops his spanner and literally runs to me. I chuckle as he wraps his arms around me. I groan as puts pressure on my ribs. He pulls away grimacing. "Hi to you too." I joke. He smiles at me softly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Hi darlin'."

His thumb runs over the cut on my lip as he frowns at it. "I'm okay." I promise him. He grunts in response and his eyes fall to Denise. "Ya need an escort from doc 'cause you're fine?" He says sarcastically.

I chuckle at him sarcastically giving him the finger making him smirk. "She has a proposition for us apparently."

Denise clears her throat and holds out a map and a torn out page from a phone book. Daryl looks down at the items and frowns.

Denise steps closer to us. "I remember seeing it right when I realised I had no idea where I was going. Edison's apothecary and boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they have drugs."

Daryl scowls down at the map. "How'd ya know they still got 'em?"

She glances at me and then looks back to Daryl. For some reason, she seems to think Daryl needs to be the one to be convinced. "It isn't that far. I just wanna check. And you and Dani aren't out scavenging today or pulling shifts."

Yeah, because I got knocked on my ass by Negans men yesterday.

Daryl nods. "We'll go." He agrees. I don't think he realises that she wants to come too. "I wanted to check." Denise argues. "I just want to help."

See. What'd I say?

Daryl scowls. "How much time you spend out there?"

"None." Denise admits. Daryl shakes his head. "Forget it." He snaps angrily.

"I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now." Denise argues as though that's going to help her argument. "I've seen roamers up close, I'm ready." She assured him confidently.