133.*

Daryl's POV

I stomp out of the house swearing under my breath. She makes me crazy, absolutely crazy. She had been bed ridden for four days straight, could barely move and the first day she's on her feet she's ready to jump right into it. She really was going to get herself killed.

I stomp down the street but I don't have a destination in mind. I just had to get out of the house and away from her until she sees sense. She's so damn determined to look after everyone else, she forgets to look after herself.
With her hurt, she wouldn't be able to move like she usually does.

It has something to do with Negan. I know it does, hell everything does. Every time she had talked to that asshole she was different, a kind of different I can't put my finger on.

I wanted to go back out hunting in the woods or stand at the wall, take watch. But I can't. It's the middle of the day and I can't risk being seen. I shouldn't been be out here. I stomp around a couple of laps.

The woman is insane.

She's the most stubborn, hard-headed woman....

I sucked in a slow breath and turn back to the house as a bad feeling goes over me. I shouldn't have left her alone. I'm such an idiot. I run back to the house. I left her alone. I pound up the front stairs. I'm such an idiot. I throw open the front door.

Tara squeaks and whirls to face me, her hand dropping to the gun at her waist. She's standing at the counter feeding Lil-ass kicker and she relaxes when she realises it's me.

"Daryl." She says my name like she's surprised to see me. I lift a brow, inviting her to explain why she's looking at me like I shouldn't be here. She glances behind me, her eyebrows pulling into confusion. "Where's Dani?" She asks a little nervously.

"She ain't with me." I tell her.

The confusion of Tara's face grew and that bad feeling in my stomach grows deeper. That woman is going to drive me insane. I clench my hands into fists. "She's here." I say firmly and Tara shakes her head. "No, she isn't, she left with you." I tighten my jaw. "No, she didn't."

"Yes she did!" Tara argues. "You left and slammed the door shut behind you and then she did the same. You were the only ones
here-" she draws off when she sees something on my face.

I snap into movement and run down the stairs into our room. Our bedroom looks exactly as it was this morning. The bed not made from when we slept in it. The whole room empty, no sign of her. I run back upstairs.

"Shit." I mutter. I run to the stairs looking up. "Nelle!" I yell, my voice rough. "I told you she isn't here!" Tara calls out to me. I swing back to her wanting to yell at her. She had been here, she should have stopped her.

Tara takes a step back when she sees the angry look on my face and I grit my teeth. It isn't Tara's fault, it's mine. I yelled at her, insulted her, threatened her with my leaving and then I stormed out. How the hell did I think she was going to respond? Demurely go back to bed. I run a hand over my face.

I am an absolute idiot.

"Front or back?" I ask Tara.

"Um...." She mumbles clearly not knowing. I already start moving towards the back. I had stormed out the front and Dani wouldn't have followed me, she's mad at me. She would have slipped out the back.

I throw open the door and run down the back steps. I need to find her. She has a couple hours lead on me. I had been all over the community at that time.

Where the hell did she go?

I search all over the backyard frantically but it a hard to track someone down from a cement patio and down sidewalks. She knows it.