14.

Daryl's POV

Footsteps coming up the stairs wakes me up. I blink my eyes open and see Rick standing on the top step, near the perch. "I'm going to the armoury." He whispers and I nod. "I'll come with." I move to get up but he shakes his head at me. "No. it's okay. I'm taking Hershel. Just wanted to let you know."

He walks back down giving Dani a quick glance. I look down, her head still buried in my neck, her lips touching it. I really don't want to move but we've got no choice.

I shake her gently. "Nelle, we've got to get up." She groans, snuggling more into me. "No. I'm too comfy." Her voice muffled making I chuckle slightly. "We've got to search the rest of the prison. Come on."

She groans again before sitting up and stretching, her T-shirt rising revealing her toned stomach. I gulp looking away but she caught me. "Like what you see, Dixon?" She teases and I groan, glaring at her. "Stop. It's too early." She chuckles standing up walking back to her cell. "You didn't say no."

She's right. I didn't.

******

"Flash bangs. CS triple-chasers. Not bad." Dani mutters as she studies all our weapons Rick and Hershel found. "Not sure if they'll work on walkers but we'll take 'em."

I picked up one of the riot helmets and tipped out the walker content. The gore dripping onto the floor. "I ain't wearin' this shit." I shake my head, grimacing at the left-over walker. "We could boil em." T-dog suggests making Dani grimace, shaking her head. "No, I agree with Daryl. I ain't wearing this shit either."

"Ain't enough firewood in the woods that'll convince me to wear this." I add on. "Besides we got this far with out right?" Dani nods agreeing with me. "Ain't that the truth." She smiles softly at me as I smile back.

"Hershel." Carol calls out making Rick look at her. "Everything alright?" He questions as Hershel walks over. She nods her head. "Nothing to worry about." I look at Dani as she looks at me and shrugs.

T-dog puts on a vest so does Maggie and Glenn. Carl Picks up a helmet putting it on and looks at Beth making her smile. Dani shakes her head at him. "He's trying to hard." She mumbles sarcastically.

Rick takes the helmet off making him glare. "You ain't coming. I need you here." Carl sighs in disappointment but nods as Rick hands over his keys. "Hey bud." Dani calls him making him look at her. "You get to be in charge while we're gone." She smiles at him, giving him a wink as he perks up, smiling back at her.

"Okay let's go." Rick leads the way, Carl locks the cell door behind us, following us till we're out of sight. Glenn and Maggie mark the walls with arrows in chalk so we don't get lost on the way back.

We turn a corner, the sound of growling and shuffling coming closer. Walkers. And a lot of them. We all froze and start to slowly walk backwards. "Go back!" Rick whisper-yelled. "Walkers! Move!"

Glenn and Maggie lead the way as we all start sprinting the way we came but more walkers appear in front of us. We turn around again and head down another corridor but get stopped by another lot of walkers. "Backs against the wall." Rick whispers.

We all crouch against the wall silent until Dani opens her mouth. "Where's Glenn and Maggie?" Her voice panicked as Hershel stands up. "We have to go back." Urgency in his tone as he looks to Rick. "Which way though?" I ask, looking down the hall that splits into different ways at the end.

How the hell did we lose them?

Rick nods to a door but an echoing thud stops us. I turn around seeing Hershel on the floor, a walker biting into his ankle as he screams out in pain.

Shit.

"Hershel!" Dani takes out one of her knives and throws straight into the walkers forehead killing it instantly. T-dog and Rick run over to Hershel, grabbing under his arms, helping him up. "Daddy!" Maggie yells coming face to face with us. Glenn helps lift Hershel and helps carry him as me and Dani lead the rest of the way.

We head down an empty corridor and come across a door that had been securely cuffed with handcuffs. Maggie quickly hacks them off before she pushes the doors open. Everyone rushes into the room before I close the doors behind us as Rick and Glenn lay Hershel on the ground. T-dog leans against the doors to help secure them as I move over to the others.

Rick pulls of his belt and wraps it around Hershel's leg making a tourniquet. He pulls out his ax, his fist gripping the handle tightly. "Only one way to keep you alive. Dan, Maggie hold him still." He raises his ax and swings it down onto Hershel's leg, cutting of the bitten area whilst Dani and Maggie hold him down as best they can. The more Rick hacks down onto Hershel's leg, the more blood spritz's everywhere.

It took him a few swings but Rick finally got the bottom of his leg off. Hershel passes out quickly due to the pain being unbearable but he was still breathing. Maggie cries softly as she holds her father whilst Rick and Dani try their best to cover the wound to slow down the bleeding.

I glanced up from my spot behind Dani seeing something move behind Rick. "Duck." I whisper to him before aiming my cross bow. Dani and Rick look up and follow where I was looking before Dani grabs her kukri coming to stand beside me. Five inmates came up to the bars looking at what was going on.

"Oh shit." One of the inmates whisper as he looks at Rick.

Oh shit is right.