118.

Danielle's POV

I climb into the cargo area of the SUV with the boys next to me and Jesus sits in front of me. I can't believe I've just got Daryl back and now I'm leaving him again. I swallow thickly as I look out the window.

I can't imagine what Negans reaction is going to be when he realises that Daryl is gone. That he is missing. I wonder how angry he will be once he does find out.

"Dani?" I look forward at Jesus who's looking at me in concern. "You okay?" He asks lowly. I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Jesus nods back although he keeps glancing to my hand that is griping onto my knives strapped onto my thigh. "Ezekiel will keep his word and protect Daryl. He will be safe there until you can go back to them." Jesus promises.

I don't answer him as he continues. "Look, I know it's disappointing he didn't help and he seems a little-"

"Crazy?" Carl pipes in the same time Liam mutters. "In love with himself?" Making me chuckle at them. Took the words right out of my mouth boys.

Jesus frowns at the boys in annoyance but turns back to me with a sigh. "Yeah.....but he takes his honour very seriously. Daryl will be safe there."

I still don't say anything as I look back to the window. I hear Jesus sigh and something black comes into my view. "Take it." He says as I turn my head to look at him. I look down seeing him holding out a walkie. "You're the one that's going to need to be back there for sure." He explains. "You should keep it on you. In case we get separated."

I smile gently at him. "Thank you J." He smirks at my nickname. "We on nickname bases now L?" I chuckle at the nickname. "Yeah we are, got a problem with that?" I ask with playful attitude. He shakes his head, chuckling playfully. "No ma'am."

We ride in silence for about an hour till the walkie cracks to life. I hear Dwight's voice as he explains that Daryl is missing. A few minutes later it cracks again. "I'll tell Negan."

The SUV slows, coming to a stop and I look out the window to see what's happening. "Someone blocked the road, it's gotta be The Saviours." Jesus says thoughtfully.

"Look," Carl says pointing of to the side. "I think that's their base over there."

"Jesus?" Rick calls making him lean forward so he can see out of the window. "Yeah that's them."

"Must be trying to make it hard for us to get back." Liam says thoughtfully gazing at the cars blocking our way. "We gotta keep moving. We'll move them and then move them back. They don't need to know we were here." Rick  puts the SUV in park and we all climb out starting to move the cars

I was on my third car when I hear Negans voice come through the walkie. I freeze and listen as his voice holds the usual agitation and humour. "For anyone out there who loved the obese bastard as much as I did I just want to say a few words. Fat Joey was not the most badass son of a bitch, but he was loyal."

I shift the car into neutral and wave to Jesus to push.

"He had a great sense of humour, in fact we were just talking about oral sex with Lucille the other day."

I shift the car back into park but don't climb out. I stay seated and continue to listen to Negan finish his speech.

"Things will not be the same now that he is dead. Without fat Joey, skinny Joey is just...." I hear him sigh dramatically. "Joey. It's a goddamn tragedy. So, let's have a moment of silence."

Jesus steps up next to the open door of the car I'm in. "Daryl killed him." He explains. "I figured, it's seemed obvious." I respond as Michonne calls out. "Rick." She call making us all look at her. "Come and look at this."