165.

Daryl's POV

Kelly comes up onto the platform, frantically, with Liam behind her as she looks around at the outside like she's looking for someone. She holds up a pair of binoculars and looks out into the corn maze.

"Our community is more than capable of defending itself!" Tara yells out.

"I show you my face because we mean you no harm." Alpha begins. "I just want my daughter. I know you have her."

"You shouldn't turn around. Leave now and no one gets hurt." I warn.

"Wrong answer." Alpha raises her hand and more of her people come around the corner of the corn field, all of them spreading out behind her and her people at the gate.

Dani gazes behind us and leans towards Kelly. "Where's Connie?" She asks quietly. Kelly raises her binoculars looking out again before she stops. "Found her. She's in the corn maze. They don't see her." She tells us. "At least not yet." She mumbles under her breath.

"That girl told me and Dani what her mom does to her. We ain't sending her back to that." I tell Tara and Dani nods agreeing with me.

"Yeah, but what if she has Alden and Luke?" Tara asks us, her eyebrows pulled down into a frown. "Pissing her off can get them killed."

"Did you kill our friends?" Magna asks her, her voice raised. "We found their horses."

"No." Alpha says simply. "Which one of you leads these people?" She asks looking over all of us.

"What the hell does it matter?" Dani growls, glaring at her. Alpha ponders her question before she looks back up at us. "Then I'll just address all of you. Your people crossed into our land. There will be no conflict. Your people killed our people. There will be no conflict. I'm done talkin'. Bring me my daughter. Or there will be conflict."

None of us say anything until Dani shuffles beside me. "No one touches the girl." She says firmly before she moves to climb down the ladder and I follow her.

"What are they doing?" I hear Yumiko ask Tara. "Dani, Daryl. Stop!" Tara calls after us.

"Does she have Alden and Luke?" Enid asks as me and Dani reach the bottom. "We don't know sweetie." Dani tells her softly.

"What does she want?" Henry asks but me and Dani ignore him as we move to the gate. "No, Daryl, Auntie Dee we can't do that." Henry says behind us as he catches on to what she wants.

"She ain't gettin' her." I growl over my shoulder. "Then what are you two doing?" Henry asks in confusion.

"She's done talkin'. We're not." Dani says for us. "Come on." I say to the guard on duty. He opens one side of the gate and I let Dani walk out first as I follow behind her before the guard shuts the gate behind us.

We both walk down to the main defence gate, Dani has her usual hard glare on her face. Alpha steps closer to the gate and looks us over, her gaze lingering on Dani a bit too long which makes Dani tilt her head to the side as she does the same.

"You can't have her." Dani says firmly before I step in. "Now....if it's a fight you're lookin' for, we got enough fire power to light you up. Right here and now." I growl, warning her.

She doesn't say anything as a baby starts to cry and Dani snaps her head in the direction before she brings her glare back to the woman. "You brought a baby out here?" She snarls in disbelief.

Alpha smirks at her before she answers her. "We're animals. Animals live out here. Animals have babies. So we have babies out here." Her smirks drops and it turns into a glare trying to intimidate us but it doesn't work especially not with Dani. "Now, what were you sayin'? Lightin' us all up?"