101.

Daryl's POV

When I come to, I'm back in my cell. I groan and roll over onto my back. They had done a good job. They beat the shit out of me but nothing feels broken. It took practice to know how to restrain and back off.

Bastards.

I pull myself up slowly against the wall, leaning against it for support. I close my eyes and grit my teeth, it feels like I have some bruised ribs.

A shadow suddenly blocks to the light that seeps under the door. "Daryl?" Sherry's voice sounded out quietly and softly. "Are you there?"

I don't respond. I have nothing to say to her.

"There's so many things I wish I never found out. I wish I didn't try. Back in the woods...after I lost Tina...when we took your stuff and decided to come back. I told you I was sorry and you said 'you're gonna be'." There's a hesitation and she sniffles. "I am." She says in a low voice. And then she hurries away.

I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes. I hate myself for feeling bad for her. She had been dealt a shitty hand but that doesn't excuse what she did to me and I know if Dani were here, she'd be telling me to shut up and stop feeling sorry for her.

When the music starts back up, it's louder than last time. It's that loud I can feel the beat through the floor. They're trying to break me. Makes me wonder if they used Sherry to try. And if they did, they're sicker bastards than I thought. I can't trust anything in this place. But that's nothing new. There has never been much in my life that I could trust.

Well, except my girl.

If they think they can break me like this, they have another thing coming. I deserve to be here for what I did to Glenn but I wouldn't break. I've been through worse than this.

The music stops so abruptly it startles me. The lock slides and Dwight steps in. He holds out a sandwich but I ignore it. He throws it at me. I watch him struggle with his temper and he whirls to leave.

He hesitates. "Eat." He commands. When I don't respond, he sighs and shakes his head. "Look, you got your friend killed. I got Tina killed. And don't pretend like you don't know the score. We both did."

I lose my temper at that. I am nothing like him. I snatch up the sandwich and throw it as hard as I can at his face. He flinches and turns his head to the side but let's it bounce off of him. He turns back, kneeling in front of me, anger flaring in his eyes. "You should be dead. But Negans taken a shine to you. You're lucky. Don't forget that." He reaches into his pocket and tapes something to the wall. "Bon appetit." He growls as he stalks out.

I don't want to look at the picture. I don't want to know what it is. But in the end I can't help but look. I have to know if it's someone else I love. If someone else is dead too.

My hand shakes as I take it off the wall and turn it over. It's a picture of what had been left of Glenn after what I did. It slips from my hand and I turn to the wall.

Another song starts and I shake my head trying to drown it all out. I couldn't hold it back anymore and knowing no one's here I start crying. Glenn was my friend and his death is my fault. Maggie is all alone because of me. Glenns kid is going to grow up without ever knowing his dad because of me. I deserve everything they do to me.

My body shakes with the force of my sobs.

They had depended on me, trusted me and I had gotten him killed. Glenn would have never been in those woods if it weren't for me.

I cry until I throw up and sink against the wall, wishing someone would come back and knock me out so I don't have to think.

Dani.