98. Negan Pt.3

Danielle's POV

Rick picks up the ax, holding it high above his head, screaming.

"Rick." Negan reaches out, touching Ricks hand, stopping him. Rick collapses back, hyperventilating. The ax went skittering across the ground.

"You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me, right?" Negans voice is perfectly calm and clear as he speaks. Rick bobs his head up and down frantically.

Negan lunges forward grabbing Ricks face, violently. "Speak when you're spoken to!" He screams. "You answer to me. You provide to me."

"Provide you." Rick chokes out the words as his eyes never leaving Carl. "You belong to me, right?" Negan repeats.

"Right." Rick gasps.

"Right. Now that is the look I wanted to see. You both get back to your places." Negan stands, picking up his bat, swinging it around casually as he faces the group.

"We did it." He says looking over the group. "All of us together. Even the dead guys on the ground, hell they get the spirit award for sure. Today was a productive damn day. Now, I hope  for all your sakes, that you get it now. That you understand how things work. Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you, that is over now." Negan turns to us. "Dwight, load him up." He commands pointing at Daryl.

Dwight jerks Daryl to his feet and throws him towards the van. Daryl stumbles and swings back towards Dwight with his jaw set, ready to fight. Dwight lifts the crossbow and takes a step towards Daryl.

"Hey now!" Negan calls. "Stop that now!" Negan turns his attention back to Dwight. He steps up next to him, glaring down at him. "That." He says pointing at Daryl. "You don't kill that. You take that with you!"

Dwight lowers his eyes submissively and steps away Negan and Daryl and steps towards me.

Back off scar face.

"He's got guts - not like a little bitch like someone I know." Negan cuts his eyes over to Rick. "I like him. He's mine now. But you still want to try something 'not today, not tomorrow'? I will cut pieces off of.....hell's your name?"

"Daryl." He grounds out. "Daryl." Negan chortles like his name is a joke. "Daryl what?"

Daryl take a deep breath and cuts his eyes to me quickly. "Dixon." He replies, his voice raspy and hoarse.

"Wow, that actually sounds right. I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your doorstep, or better yet, I will bring him to you and have you do it for me." Negan smiles and pats Rick on the back. "Dwight, load Daryl Dixon up in the van, we taking him home with us."

Everything inside me went cold.

"Dare-" I started to say as I move towards him but Dwight stops me, snagging me by my shoulder and pulls me back.

Negan notices and his lips press into a thin line and he swaggers over to me. He leans back and looks back and forth between me and Daryl and he shrugs. "Well I can't fault you for taste." He laughs. "What are you going to do beautiful? Fight us all?" He asks sarcastically.

I lift my chin and glare at him, letting him see I ain't afraid of him. Something glosses over his eyes and a slow, satisfied smirk crosses his face and I recognise it as his first genuine smile.

Somewhere behind me, I hear Daryl struggling and I knew The Saviours are holding him back from trying to get to me. But I refuse to be the first one to look away.

Negan chuckles darkly and takes another step towards me, closing the distance between us. He leans down close to my ear and I feel his breath on my neck.