23.

Danielle's POV

Next day.

Rick walks inside the cell block. "Field is filled with walkers. I can't see any snipers, but we'll keep Maggie on watch." He says. "Could get up in that guard tower, take out half them walkers, give us some time to fix the fence." Daryl suggests from standing next me, with his arms crossed.

The memory of yesterday still fresh in my mind making me smile. Daryl Dixon is in love me with me and we had sex! It was nice waking up with him this morning. He said and I quote, "I'm movin' into ya cell 'cause you ain't sleepin' without me anymore'. I just blinked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Or use some of the cars to move the bus in place." Michonne speaks bringing my attention back. "We can't access the field without burnin' through our bullets." Hershel grumbles.

I thought he was supposed to be the optimistic one.

"So we're trapped in here." Glenn huffs. "There's barely any food or ammo left." He says with an attitude. "We've been there before, we'll be fine." I step in. And we will.

"That's when it was just us. Before there was a snake in the nest." Glenn mutters. "Oh don't start that bullshit again." I mumble, rolling my eyes. "Man, we gonna go through this again?" Daryl growls. "Merle's stayin'. He's with us now so get used to it." He squeezes my arm before walking upstairs. I keep my eyes on him till he's out of sight.

"Seriously Rick I don't think Merle living here is gonna fly." Glenn says to Rick. "It's seems like you're the only one with the problem." I say to him making him glare at me. "We can't just kick him out." Rick replies. "I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after what he did." Glenn shoots back.

Low blow, Glenn.

"Merle has military experience." I add and Hershel backs me up. "She's right. He may be erratic but don't underestimate his loyalty to his brother." He says. "What if we solve both problems at once?" Glenn starts. "Deliver Merle to the governor. A bargaining chip. Give him his traitor, he might declare a truce."

Okay now I'm getting pissed off.

I jump in. "You think that'll work? It won't. You think Daryl will just let you hand over his brother to the man that wants to kill him? We've seen what's happens when we send Merle away." And I'm not going through that again.

Glenn shakes his head. "He can't stay here." He sighs as he glances at Maggie, behind me. "He already is. Look, I'm not his biggest fan either but we're just gonna have to put up with it." I tell them. "I thought you and Merle were okay with each other?" Glenn asks, his eyebrows furrowed and I sigh. "That was before he handed me over to The Governor."

I walk away leaving them to it going outside the cell block walking over to Judith, picking her up. "Hi nugget." I whisper kissing her cheek making her squeal. I rock her back and forth just looking at her. She looks so much like Lori it's ironic.

"Hey." Beth says coming up next to me. "Hey sweetheart. Everything okay?" She nods. "Yeah, it's just time to feed her." I nod handing her over. I move to sit at a table trying to ignore Merle's stare.

"How you doin' doll?" He questions. I sigh looking at him, quirking my eyebrow. "Fine." Is all I give him. "Ya seem different. Happy." How could he tell? The guy is the exact opposite of the word. "Do I now?" I reply sarcastically. Merle chuckles. "Wouldn't have anythin' to do with my baby brother does it?"

I glare at him. "None of your goddamn business. I know we were friends when we first met but not anymore. Not after what you did." He breathes out harshly. "I am sorry, Dan. I didn't know he was gonna do that to ya. I was angry at the Chinese boy."