170.

Daryl's POV

Few months later.

Winter had come. Harsh and cold. I don't remember the last time I've seen a Georgian winter this cold. The last time it was a little like this was when the old group was travelling around with a pregnant Lori.

Those days are so far away.

Dani and Liam had gone back to Alexandria. They had taken Judith and dog with them. Me and Michonne stayed behind to help out but there's nothing left of The Kingdom anymore. Ezekiel made a statement to his people about leaving and taking up resistance at Hilltop.

They had all agreed so once everyone had at least something small to eat, everyone packed up what was left of their belongings before we began the long walk to Hilltop.

Lydia walks next to me as we leave, keeping close because of the looks she keeps getting from everyone. I wish they wouldn't because none of this is her fault. This is her mothers fault.

She's innocent.

******

The walk is already brooding and depressing. No one is talking and the only sound is the wind that's blowing or the sound of the horses hooves as they trod down the road.

One of the horses snare as all of us spot 'walkers' just roaming in the fields not to far from us. The whispering can be heard over our silence so we know she's got them watching us.

"Is that them? People watching us now, huh?" Alden snarls at Lydia like she's supposed to know. She's been with us the whole time. Lydia looks up at him but doesn't say anything as he continues. "Well, we followed their rules. Haven't they done enough to us?"

Having enough of his bullshit, I step in. "Hey." I call making him look at me. "Why don't you lay off." A warning borderline in my tone. Alden smirks at Lydia who moves to walk in sync with me.

"You don't have to protect me." She speaks up. "I know how they feel about me."

"Well, don't mean they get to talk to you like that." I say back quietly. She frowns. "Just, I don't want to cause any more problems." She mutters and you can hear the guilt in her tone.

"It's their problem, not yours." I tell her honestly because it is their problem. She has nothing to do with Alpha anymore. She looks at me like she doesn't believe me but keeps quiet.

As we continue walking, Lydia moves of in front as Carol takes her place. I look at seeing her staring at the back of Lydia's head. "Henry wanted her here." I tell her quietly. "When no one else did. She's a good kid."

"Everyone I look at her, all I see is him." Carol admits sadly.

"Who do you see when you look at me?" I ask sincerely. Carol frowns at me before she answers. "I see you." She says sincerely. "And so does Dani." She whispers but I hear her.

"Not anymore." I say back and Carol scoffs. "Oh she does. She just doesn't want to admit it."

Somehow, I doubt that.

******

Danielle's POV

"Dani." Eugene calls making me glance up. "What's up?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at him. "Would you mind assisting me to Rosita's place, if you will?" He asks and I nod, beginning to walk with him.

We walk up their porch steps and Eugene just walks in without knocking. I shake my head as I follow close behind him, after shutting the door to stop the snow from coming in.