World Cup 2023

Lucy's POV

pain. the crowd. silence.

It's the world cup final of 2023 and England just lost to USA. This was meant to be it, my last world cup and I promised myself we would win.

Except that's not what happened. I couldn't bring myself to do anything but lie on the pitch and cry. I seen my team go into a huddle but I couldn't join them. Not in this state.

Keira's POV

The team got into a huddle when I noticed someone was missing. My girlfriend. "Hey guys where is Lucy" I find myself asking. Everyone looked at each other before looking around the pitch.

Eventually I found her as did everyone else. I heard them all talking about how upset she looked. I have to agree with them, I have never seen my girlfriend look so mentally and physically drained.

"Sarina can I be dismissed please?" I asked my manager to which she nodded her head. I noticed everyone's attention was now following me walking over to my partner.

Once I reached her I just decided to lie down next to her and lie my head on her chest. Normally I wouldn't show any affection in public but at this moment I couldn't care less.

Lucy's POV

After a while of being by myself I felt a presence next to me. So I went to hide my face. As soon as they got close enough I smelt the familiar scent of lavender to which I identified the person as Keira. Once I knew it was my girlfriend I just let it out.

She just laid her head on me and started playing with my hair. All I could do was wrap my hand around her waist and bury my head into her neck.

Keira's POV

After a while I felt her calm down so I got up to pull her to her feet. After successfully doing that I reached up to her face and cupped her cheeks with my hands. "Do you know how proud I am of you?" I said whilst wiping her tears. "Why would you be proud of me when we just lost" I heard my girlfriend reply to me.

"Lucy Bronze, you are the reason we are where we are today. I am so proud of you and so is everyone else in the team." I felt her nod against my hands and pull me into a hug. "I love you so much Kei" I hear my girlfriend tell me. "I love you too Luce".

As we walk away holding hands I see the whole team watching us with tears rolling on a few of their faces.

Lucy's POV

"Luce when are you going to put a ring on that finger?" I hear one of my team mates ask me.

To which I honestly reply with "Sooner than you know."

Authors Note

This is my first ever story and I decided to write about Lucy and Keira. I am open to any suggestions on any one-shots you want me to write!