Keira gets a date

Keira's POV

My cousin is getting married next month. I am so happy for her. The problem is that my family have interrogated me over bringing a partner since I am a bridesmaid. I am single and have been for a while. I am 22, so my parents believe that I should be with a partner by now. It's not like I am totally single.

I am in love with my best friend. Not just any friend but the one who is a champions league winner with Lyon. Lucy Bronze. I first fell in love with her when I played with her at Man City. Since she left I haven't seen her much except England camps. I have one later today.

Another issue is that I told my parents that I will find someone to bring with me. So I have to find someone and fast.

Soon enough camp came and I was so excited to see all of my friends. I was one of the first to arrive with the rest of the City girls so I was sat waiting for everyone to arrive. I got up to greet Leah and Jordan, they were two of my closest friends.

I greeted all the girls one by one until we were all here except the one I was patiently waiting for. Eventually I seen her dark hair appear and all of the lionesses popped up to meet her.

I was so excited to see my best friend. I hadn't seen her in months. "Hey Luce, how are you?" I asked her as I wrapped her in a hug. "I am good Keira, how are you?" she asked me. "I am good. It's great to see you." I told her as I squeezed her shoulder. Really discreet Keira. Really discreet. I thought to myself.

Lucy just smiled widely at me and said "You too Kei, I have missed you." I felt my heart flutter. She missed me, she actually missed me. I had no chance to explain as the captain Steph Houghton spoke up.

"Welcome back girls. It is great to see you all. Here are the roommates for this camp."

Jordan and Leah
Lauren and Chloe
Mary and Beth
Ellie and Alex
Myself and Ellen
Jill and Hannah
Ella and Alessia
Millie and Rachel
Lucy and Keira

I couldn't help but smile when I learnt when I would be rooming with Lucy. We get along great and I get to spend more time with her. Lucy looked happy too which was a bonus.

We collected our room key and made our way up to our room. I knew from previous sharing with Lucy that she likes the bed closest to the window so I purposely chose the bed closest to the bathroom. I saw Lucy smile at me and say "you remembered." I just nodded and said "of course I did."

Conveniently I received a phone call from my mum. I rolled my eyes already knowing what she was going to say. I answered the phone call knowing she wouldn't give up until I did.

K - Hi mum
T - Hi Keira, I am calling to make sure you have you still have your date.
K - Yes mum I do.
T - Good I am expecting it is a she?

I paused before answering. I don't know what they are but I am openly gay so I don't have much of an option.

K - Obviously mum.
T - Okay Kei I have booked you a hotel and plane tickets.
K - Alright mum. Bye.

I sighed when I answered the phone call and put my head in my hands.

Lucy's POV

I was so excited to be rooming with Keira. I haven't seen her much since I moved to Lyon. The thing is I like her. Really like her.

When we got to our room she was on the phone to her mum. I listened in, I tried not to but I heard the word date being mentioned. I felt my heart shatter. Keira has a partner.

I tried to hide my disappointment when she hung up the phone. I noticed she looked annoyed and a bit upset so I went and sat next to her.

"What is wrong Keira?" I asked her. Even though I never have a chance with her it won't change the fact I care about her.

"Promise not to laugh." Keira replied. I promised her. I watched as Keira took a deep breath and said "my cousin is getting married next week and I am supposed to have a date. The problem is I don't have one and I promised I would."

I tried not to laugh. Luckily I didn't but I couldn't help the smile on my face as I realised she didn't actually have a partner. "Hey. You promised you wouldn't laugh" Keira said to me.

"I am sorry. I have a solution for you though." I said to her. I watched as her eyes widened as she said "I am open to anything."

"What if I go with you?" I tell her. I swear I seen Keira smile before she said "As in you want to go with me as my partner or you will as my friend?"

I felt a boost of confidence rush through me "Whatever you want." Keira looked surprised before answering "I want you to go with me properly as my date but don't feel pressured."

I felt so happy. I took Keira's hand in mine and said "I want to go with you. I have liked you for a while."

Keira squeezed my hand "I like you too Luce." I leaned in and kissed her. I never used to believe in love but I just know that me and Keira together will be something completely different.

"So will you be my girlfriend?" I asked Keira. Keira smiled widely and said "Yes of course. As long as you  come to this wedding with me."

"So where are we going?" I asked Keira with a smile on my face.

Authors Note

I am going to do a part two of the actual wedding. Any suggestions on what to put in it?