Keira Panic Attack

Keira's POV

Today the lionesses were playing in a friendly against Czech Republic. It was just a game to keep us ticking as a team.

I was excited to play with England again because I hadn't seen most of my friends in a while since Lucy and I are in Spain. So I have missed all of them loads, especially Leah and Georgia.

We were lining up singing our national anthem with me standing in my usual place, in between Georgia and Lucy. I like to scan the crowd as I sing just to see if I know anyone and I swear I seen someone who I recognised. I just couldn't place who it was though.

Unfortunately, I had no time to figure it out as we were getting ready for kick off. As usual, the lionesses were dominating possession with me being the anchor. I love playing defensive mid for England because I get more freedom to play smart balls to split the defence.

I pinged a ball over to Lucy, who I saw was making a run from the right side. I watched as she was tripped in the penalty area which was confirmed by the ref as we got a penalty.

I walked over to my girlfriend and helped her up to her feet. "You okay?" I asked her as I place my hand on her back. "Yeah I'm good Kei." She confirms as we give eachother a loving look and get into our positions as Georgia steps up to take the penalty.

1-0 as we expected as Georgia calmly places the ball in the bottom corner. As we run to celebrate I notice the girl I recognised from earlier shouting really loud and started chanting Lucy's name. Bit strange I thought to myself.

The goals just followed from there with Alessia, Hempo and Tooney all scoring before the 40th minute. Then, right before half time we earnt a corner.

Hempo sends in a lovely ball and Lucy is there to meet it with a powering header to send it right into the top corner. I was so happy for my girl as her performance definitely deserves this, she's been unreal as usual.

I run over and hug Lucy and tell her how proud I am of her as I rub the top of her head jokingly. Yet again I heard the girl as she was standing on top of her seat screaming Lucy's name.

I locked eyes with the girl for the first time. Oh my god. It's just clicked, that's Lucy's ex girlfriend. Holly from her Sunderland days. I heard the whistle go for halftime but I couldn't bare myself to move. Why was she here? Lucy hadn't seen her for like 10 years. Right?

By instinct I started walking towards the tunnel after my teammates. All the possible reasons why she could be here started clouding my brain and I started to panic. Breathe Keira. Breathe. I kept telling myself over and over.

It wasn't working though and I felt my breathing start to feel tighter. I can't breathe. I started to walk funny as I felt I wasn't able to bring oxygen in right. I felt two sets of arms take me round and bring me down to the wall.

It was Leah and Georgia. "Kei, are you okay?" Leah asked as she placed a hand on my knee. I burst out crying. "I- I Can't bre-breathe." I said through ragged breaths.

I watched as Leah and Georgia shared a worried look between them. "What can we do for you Keira?" Georgia asked. "Lucy. Get me Lucy" I just about managed to say.

I was glad they knew what I meant as they pulled me to my feet and helped guide me to the room over which was our changing room.

Tears filled my eyes and were rolling to my cheeks. I couldn't see anything, I didn't know where I was going and I still couldn't breathe right.

I heard Leah call out for Lucy as her and Georgia placed me on a chair.

Lucy's POV

I just got into the changing room at half time and I sat at my area of the number 2 seat. Keira who is number 4 is usually just one seat over from me and when I turned to speak to her I realised she wasn't there. I was a bit confused as Keira is usually one of the first in.