Lucy comes home

Lucy's POV

I have been at Lyon for a couple of months now and I have been settling in pretty well. I am however still pretty lonely as I live by myself and Keira lives in a completely different country too me as do all my family.

I try to visit them as often as I can but I have a really busy schedule between champions league and the French league. It also doesn't help that Keira has a very busy schedule herself.

I haven't seen my girlfriend in around three months which is really difficult. Neither of us just have the time to go and see the other. I haven't said anything but I haven't felt this lonely in a really long time. Sure I had great teammates at Lyon and made some friends but we don't all speak the same language and that makes it hard to communicate.

I had this weekend off from Lyon and I was planning on spending it in France to try and finish setting up my apartment and find some time to explore my new City.

However those plans changed when I received a phone call from Keira's mum Tracy whilst I was at the gym. 

Lucy- Hey Tracy, how are you?

Tracy - I am good Luce, how are you?

Lucy - Not too bad, I am just doing some recovery just now.

Tracy - I won't keep you too long then. Basically I know this is a lot to ask but I have noticed Keira has been struggling recently. I don't know if she has spoken to you about it but I can tell she misses you a lot. She was crying to me about it yesterday. I know you have a busy schedule so I understand if you can't manage but the game on Saturday is Keira's 100th appearance for City and I know it would mean a lot to her if you were there.

Lucy - Thanks for telling me Tracy, I wish she would have told me. If I knew she was struggling I would have flown back home right away. I will book a flight now and I should be back home tonight hopefully and then I will go with you to the game tomorrow.

Tracy - Thank you Luce I appreciate this. She is having dinner round at ours tonight so I can pick you up from the airport and you can join us if you would like. Selfishly I know I would like to see you aswell as Keira.

Lucy - Thank you Tracy I would love to see you. I will go home and pack now and I will text you the details of my flight.

Tracy - Okay, Lucy see you soon.

I immediately left the gym and went home. I then brought out my laptop to browse flights to Manchester. There was one leaving here at 4 which will get me to Manchester at around 6. I quickly booked my flight, sent Tracy my details before I packed a few things in a bag.

I purposely packed my Walsh 24 Man City shirt so I could wear it to Keira's match and a couple of other things I knew I needed. I didn't need to pack a lot as I keep stuff at Keira's place anyway.

Soon enough it was time for me to leave and I left for the airport.

Tracy's POV

I am so happy that Lucy agreed to come back home because Keira is struggling whether she will own up to it or not.

When Keira arrived at my house for dinner I asked her how she was doing. Keira replied to me saying "I am okay, struggling but I have good and bad days".

I just looked sadly at my daughter. Keira was my only child so I just want the absolute best for her. I looked at the time and seen it was time for me to leave to get Lucy. I gave my husband the look to say I needed to go and he nodded.

"Keira I have to go, my work have an issue" I made an excuse up. Luckily Keira bought it and just carried on with her conversation with her dad.

I arrived at the airport just in time to see the woman I consider my daughter come down the escalator. Once she spotted me she immediately walked over to me and gave me a hug. Honestly I missed Lucy she became a big part of our family over the last year or so.