Just stay a little longer

This has suicidal references, so please don't read if you don't feel comfortable ❤️

Nobody's POV

Keira and Lucy have been dating for just over a year and currently both play for Manchester City. Recently, Lucy had been out with a long term injury.

The two didn't live together yet but ever since Lucy got injured, Keira was always over at Lucy's looking after her girlfriend.

Seeing your partner in a lot of pain is never easy but witnessing your partner debating jumping into the unknown is even worse.

That's what Keira experienced one night after she got home from training. Keira arrived at Lucy's apartment as she always does but today it felt different.

Lucy never met her at the door to greet her with a kiss like she always does. In fact Lucy wasn't even home at all. Lucy can barely walk that well so getting around was difficult for her. Lucy also never told Keira where she was going and this made Keira deeply worry.

Keira knew her girlfriend hadn't been herself for weeks. It was no secret that Lucy hates not being able to play never mind walk. She can just about get around with crutches but that is it.

Keira took out her phone and started calling Lucy. No answer. Keira phoned her again but no answer.

Keira worried if she was just being paranoid but deep down she knew something was not right. Keira opted into asking the man city group chat whether they had seen Lucy or not. Unfortunately, none of them had heard or seen Lucy in days.

Keira's eyes were then drawn to the kitchen table where she seen a folded piece of paper with her name and a heart written on the front.

Keira, my love,

There is no words to describe my love for you except endless. I loved you from the very first second we met and I will love you until my very last second on earth.

Truthfully Kei, there was nobody else I would rather have spent my time with than you. I never believed in soulmates before I met you Keira but when I did, I finally knew what the term meant.

You feel bonded. Almost like you were destined to meet. That's how it felt when I first laid my eyes on you. Just magic.

I would never be able to thank you enough for this year we have spent together. So instead I will just say it's not your fault.

It's not your fault I decided to end it. If I didn't have you Keira I would of never had made it this far.

Honestly, when your reading this letter I am guessing I haven't had the guts to end it yet. Do I want to jeopardise what we had? Or your happiness? No. I don't.

However, if I did decide to end it Keira. Please don't blame me, I just couldn't live like this anymore. I didn't want to be depressed or have to make you look after me whilst I am like that too.

You're the best thing that ever happened to me Keira Walsh. Don't let anyone tell you different.

If I am no longer with you, please don't spend the rest of your days crying. They say don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened, right?

I love you forever and always.

Your forever girl, Lucy x

Keira couldn't hold in the large sobs that filled her body. Keira's hands were shaking and she couldn't think straight. She had to. If there was any chance she could get to Lucy she had to go now.

Keira then remembered she had Lucy on find my iphone. The cliffs in Manchester. Keira felt sick, what was she going to do to herself?

Keira felt her heart sink straight into her stomach and her legs felt like jelly. She had no time to waste though so Keira had her keys and rushed out the door in seconds without even a second thought.

Lucy's POV

I couldn't deal with the pain and loneliness anymore. I have struggled with not playing football for a couple weeks and I still have 5 months ahead of me. I couldn't physically or mentally bare the thought.

Football was the thing that kept me happy the most. Well mainly. Keira is the best thing to have ever happened to me in a long time and I would never want to hurt her.

I already feel like I have relied on her too much and it has turned her life boring. Keira has practically moved in with me just because I can't look after myself. I am useless. Not only for myself but I am useless for Keira too. I have nothing keeping me here anymore.

That is what led me to the edge of a cliff I am currently sitting on. I was just taking in the view before I ended it. It is all just so peaceful up here, no noise just silence. That was until I heard ragged footsteps and sobs from behind me. I didn't even bother to turn around, I knew who it was.

"Lucy please. You can't do this to me." I heard Keira cry out from behind me.

"I don't want to Kei. You know I love you, I would never want to hurt you." I told Keira as I turned around and met her face. She looked broken, stressed, exhausted. I caused that.

"Lucy, if you wanted to jump you would've already done it. Listen to me babe, you waited for me to find you. You don't want to do this. You have waited for me to come to get you to stop" I heard the desperation in Keira's voice

She did get me thinking though. Why haven't I already jumped? Maybe she was right.

I felt myself break down and huge sobs took over my body. "Lucy please let me come to you. Please just stay a little longer" I heard my girlfriend scream through cry's.

"No Keira stay back." I replied as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Lucy. If you jump, I will too. I can't live without you. I won't." Keira said as I watched her move towards the edge of the cliff.

Once I realised she was serious and she was right at the edge I shouted "Stop!". "Alright I will come back away from the edge but you have to promise to step away too." I added.

I seen Keira move away full of tears and as I did the same I felt Keira drag me away, careful of my knee to safety distance away from the edge.

We both cried in each others arms for what felt like hours. "You need help Luce." Keira said through tears.

"I know." I admitted as I felt Keira hug me tighter.

"I don't think I was ever going to do it. When I got to the edge I just thought about you and our future. I couldn't take that away from us." I said as I felt Keira stand up.

"I love you Lucy Bronze. More than anyone. Right now though I just want to go home, asleep in your arms." Keira said as she helped me to my feet.

I just nodded in her embrace. "I love you more Keira. Yeah just take me home."

Keira must of knew I was struggling and in pain with my knee. So she picked me up by my thighs and brought me to her car.

When we got home, we didn't say anything to eachother. We didn't even eat. We must of both lost our appetites from tonight's events.

Keira and I silently got ready for bed where we slept in eachother arms. I knew this conversation wasn't finished but I was proud of myself for being strong for Keira and she made sure to tell me before we drifted to sleep.