Engaged

It was the lionesses party for New Years. All members and their families were invited to have a big celebration of the year they have had in 2022 and the next year they will face as a team.

However, this wasn't the only event happening tonight and everyone knew this. Except one person, Keira Walsh.

Lucy's POV

Today is the day. The 31st of December 2022 I am going to ask my soulmate to become mine forever. The party tonight is going to have all our closest friends and family attending and it just seemed like the perfect time to propose.

I bought the ring two months ago with my mum and Keira's mum to make sure we find the perfect ring. When I let all of the lionesses know of my plans they were thrilled. I am planning on proposing on the final countdown to the New Year with everyone watching. The only thing left to do is just get Keira to say yes.

I won't lie I am extremely nervous as Keira and I arrive to the party. Keira notices this and asks me what is wrong. I tell her it was just my social anxiety and luckily she seems to believe me as she just takes my hand and squeezes it.

Everyone is looking at us and smiling as they greet us, especially mine and Keira's family which I notice confuses Keira a bit but she just lets it go.

I stayed with mine and Keira's mums most of the night as they try and calm my nerves. I was barely keeping it together with all the doubt rushing through me, what if she says no?

"I cannot live without her. I don't know what I will do if she doesn't say yes" I anxiously let out to Keira's mum. "Oh my darling, that is just how I know she will say yes. Trust me when I say she is just as obsessed with you, as you are with her" Keira's mum replies to me.

Just as she says this Keira walks over.

Keira's POV

I have spent most of my night with Leah and Georgia, my two best friends. However it is nearing midnight and all I want is to spend going into the New Year with my girlfriend.

"Leah G have you seen Luce? I have barely seen her the whole night since we arrived" I asked them.

I seen them look at eachother before answering "Nope sorry Kei". This really made me even more worried about her, why are they acting so weird.

"I am going to go find her" I told them as I walked off not giving them any time to answer me.

Eventually I found her talking to our mums. Odd. She looks a bit distressed, I know Lucy. "Hey babe, are you okay? you look a bit worried." This seemed to calm her down a bit as she said " Yeah of course I was just catching up with our mums." 

I then proceeded in dragging Lucy away too the dance floor to spend some quality time together in the final closing moments of this incredible year. There was currently two minutes to go until New Year. "Luce this year has been the best year of my life and that's all thanks to you." I sincerely told my girlfriend.

I watched as Lucy checked her watch, took my hand into the middle of the floor where everyone then formed a circle around us. A few of them filming. Lucy was still holding my hand and I looked into Lucy's eyes with confusion written on my face as I looked around us. Then Lucy took a big breath and said "I am glad you think that Keira".

Lucy's POV

This is either gonna be the happiest night of my life or the saddest.

"Keira Fae Walsh, You are the biggest light in my life. The only one who could ever pick me up at my lowest, whether that be on or off the pitch. You make me smile even when I don't want to.
Any time I have a bad day and I come home to you, It all just gets lifted off me and I feel at home.
It doesn't matter whether home is in the North East, Manchester or Barcelona. Truthfully Kei, I have finally found the meaning of home is not a house it's a person. You are my home Keira, my safety blanket."

No one's POV
Countdown to New Year begins
10
9

Lucy gets onto her knee and pulls the silver diamond ring out of her pocket and looks up to see Keira crying with her hands covering her mouth in shock.
8
7

"Keira, these 6 years have been the best of my life, I want a forever with you"
6
5

"Any time I spend with you, will always be my favourite and I will always love you the most I have loved anyone in my life"
4
3

"Keira Walsh will you marry me?" Lucy asked with tears in her eyes as all of their closest people watched on, some also crying waiting for the answer
2
1

"Yes. Always" Keira replied who was now fully crying as she wrapped her arms around her now Fiancé. 

Shouts and cheers were heard around their friends and families.

HAPPY NEW YEAR was shouted around the room as the clock struck 12. Lucy and Keira shared their first kiss as an engaged couple.

"I love you so much" Keira told Lucy as Lucy took the ring out of the box and placed it on the left ring finger of Keira.

All their friends and family gathered around the couple and shared their congratulations. "Welcome to the family" both Lucy and Keira's parents told the other.

The night was filled with celebrations of the new year and the happy couple who were overjoyed with emotion.

As Keira and Lucy danced the night away, Keira leant in to Lucy's ear and whispered "I know it's only just started, but I think 2023 is already my favourite year yet."