Winning the League and Lucy left out

Lucy's POV

Due to my recent injury sustained against Chelsea I can't play today. I had my surgery a few days ago and due to it I have to walk around on crutches.

I was the only player who was currently properly injured and that meant I was feeling pretty left out. I was happy for my teammates who were all fit and healthy but I couldn't help but feel sad about not being able to play.

Today if Barcelona won their game then we would win the league. I was really upset about not being able to play today. I had helped the team all season and not to be able to get the full glory with them honestly broke me apart.

I watched on from the crowd as the game started. The lineup was very rotated so the game started quite slowly. Eventually the breakthrough goal came and it just followed on from there.

I watched on as Alexia made her return back from her ACL injury. I was so happy for her, she definitely deserved this. I can't wait for the day that I get to play with her on the pitch.

I looked beneath me to see Keira cheering. It looked like Keira wasn't going to play today but I was happy she was getting the rest she needed.

I hadn't told Keira about how I was feeling. I had not told anyone about me feeling left out and upset. It sounded stupid and I knew that so I decided not to say anything.

Eventually the final whistle blew from the referee meaning we had won the league. I was so proud of the girls but I wish I could be as happy as they all were.

I smiled as I watched Keira celebrating with our teammates as they all ran onto the pitch. I slowly made my way up from my seat and used my crutches to make my way on to the pitch.

As I reached the pitch all of my teammates were jumping around having fun. I couldn't do that. This is a day where I am supposed to be happy. I am not happy though.

I tried to put a smile on my face the best I could but I know it wasn't really working.We received our trophy and I awkwardly stood to the side as Alexia lifted it.

My team all started to celebrate and dance around the pitch. I just decided to stand to the side as I couldn't walk never mind jump.

As my team held hands ready to go into a circle to spin around I was ushered over to stand in the middle with the kids. I properly smiled for the first time that day, I loved kids. I played around a bit with the kids while the team spun around us.

Once they stopped a couple of my teammates came over to talk to me. I was happy they were at least putting in an effort to help make me feel included.

All the team started to get photos taken with different members of the team. At this point I was just standing next to the arc, leaning on my crutches looking and feeling absolutely miserable.

Keira's POV

I was getting a photo taken with the trophy with a couple of the girls. I then started to scan the pitch to find who I really wanted to have a photo with.

When I found her she looked drained. Both mentally and physically. I know my girlfriend, she would have wanted to play today and she certainly would not want to be walking around on crutches when she should be celebrating with us.

I excused myself from the girls and went straight over to Lucy who was on the verge of tears. "Are you okay?" I asked her, the concern evident in my voice.

Lucy shook her head and mumbled "You know I am not." I just nodded at Lucy's words. "What is it that you feel most left out in?" I asked her.

"Everything. I should be playing and I should've been able to celebrate properly." Lucy answered as I could hear the defeat in her voice.

I was about to answer as I realised I had confetti stuck to my boots. I stupidly decided to lean on my injured girlfriend for support as I removed the piece from my boot.

I nearly fell over as I stumbled I earned a much needed laugh from Lucy. I wasn't even mad that she was laughing at me nearly falling I was just happy to hear the laugh that I have missed over the last couple days since her injury.

"I missed that laugh" I smiled at my girlfriend as I squeezed her shoulder to show I was here for her.

"I don't know what is wrong with me. I normally am not too bad with injuries. I am sorry I have not been good company recently." Lucy said to me as she put her hand over mine.

"Lucy it doesn't matter to me if you are not you're usual smiley self at home. Your company will always be the best to me, just having you there is important to me. Never apologise for not being okay either. We will work on it together and you will be happy back on the pitch before you know it. I will be there for you throughout your whole recovery." I told Lucy as I squeezed her hand.

I hate when Lucy apologises for not being herself. She always does this and I have the same response every time. I just wish she came to me more when she is feeling down. I have just come to accept that is Lucy though. She prefers to deal with it on her own and tell me about it afterwards.

"Thank you Kei. You're the best girlfriend" Lucy told me. "Always Luce" I told her as I realised nobody was with the trophy now.

"Come get a photo with me" I told Lucy as I motioned towards the trophy to which she nodded her head as she grabbed her crutches and we walked over towards the trophy.

I got the camera man's attention as Lucy and I took a handle of the trophy each and got our photo. Another one Lucy and I have to add to our collection of trophies we have won together. I just hope to add the champions league to that collection.

"I am proud of you Luce." I told Lucy as I received the photo from the cameraman. "I am proud of you too Kei. We have many more trophies to come together."

I agreed with her. There is nobody I would rather be doing this all with than Lucy Bronze.

@keirawalsh : Nobody I would rather be doing this all with

@keirawalsh : Nobody I would rather be doing this all with. Another trophy to add to the cabinet together! I am so proud of you my girl🫶🏻. Liga F Champions 2022/23 ❤️💙
@barcafemeni @lucybronze

Authors Note

Please leave suggestions on what you want me to write! I need ideas asap and I am open to writing anthing.