Future Life

Lucy's POV

I retired from football, last year. Since then, Keira and I got married, bought a huge new house together and I am currently working as an assistant manger for England. Working with Sarina is a bit strange, as well as making the tactics for my ex teammates. Just last year I was playing along side this team but now I'm in charge of them. Including my wife.

I played my last world cup and retired. If you're wondering, we won the world cup. It was honestly the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. Except the woman who scored the winning goal.

Flashback

World cup final 2027. England vs Spain, again. Keira and Lucy both knew, no matter the outcome that Lucy would be retiring after this match. Her knee couldn't take it anymore, besides she was 35 turning 36 this year.

So they both wanted Lucy to leave on a high. They were both in the starting lineup. Yes, you heard that right Lucy was still the number one choice right back for her country. The girl just doesn't age.

The game was still 0-0 at halftime. Both teams wanted this title and it was evident. England couldn't let Spain beat them again, they just couldn't. At halftime Keira went and squeezed into Lucy's locker, beside her fiancé.

"I want this for you so bad" Keira whispered. The couple hadn't told anyone about Lucy retiring. They wanted the full focus to be on this final. "Don't worry about me, Kei. All we can do is just play our best." Lucy replied.

As much as Lucy wanted to win the world cup, she is well aware she has had an unbelievable career. Her trophies and personal awards just say it all. She was content with her life, professionally and personally as long as she had Keira by her side.

The game was still even until the 86th minute. England had a corner, Keira was stood on the edge of the box. The corner was swung in from Lauren Hemp, Spain got it clear. Or so they thought.

The ball dropped to Keira. She didn't need to think twice, she struck the ball with power. The ball went straight into the top corner.

She did it. Keira couldn't believe it. Her first England goal, and it could mean they win the world cup. Keira's celebration was to just point at Lucy. That was for her, for them. Lucy was first to Keira. Keira was being spun around by her partner, who was thrilled.

"I'm so proud of you." Lucy said to Keira. Keira just smiled widely back at her, wrapping her arms even tighter around Lucy.

Around 8 minutes later, the full time whistle blew. They did it. Lucy fell to the ground in relief, happiness but she had a hint of sadness to her too. She just played the final match of her career. But honestly, she couldn't have been happier of how it ended.

Lucy felt arms wrap around her, she could just tell it was Keira. Lucy and Keira both had tears streaming down their cheeks. "I love you so much" Keira said as she kissed Lucy's head. "I love you too. You have made history, Kei." Lucy said back.

Photos were being taken of the couple, from just about every camera in sight. They still weren't public, but they sure were now. Not that they cared, this was the biggest moments of their careers. The picture was framed in their home.

Current time

For months, Lucy and Keira had been trying to have a baby. They'd been to many fertility doctors but for some reason, Lucy still just hadn't managed to fall pregnant yet. The process was so expensive, just for it not to happen. It was heartbreaking for them.

One of the main things the couple had agreed on, was to have children. Lots of them. Lucy retiring meant she was able to carry a baby without it affecting her career. With her management job, she was able to work whilst being pregnant which was one of the many reasons Lucy eagerly accepted the job when Sarina offered it to her.