Why don't you like me?

Set a year after Keira signed for City.

Lucy was a well established player in the whole of the English domestic league and on international level.

Keira on the other hand was just trying to make a name for herself and become a regular starter for City. She was still quite young and only just turned 20 years old.

Keira looked up to Lucy and all the other girls. Lucy Bronze was the best player for England at the minute, having the tournament of her life at the world cup in Canada.

Keira knew she fancied girls, in fact she loved everything about them. Well everything about one girl. Lucy was literally everything the young midfielder could have dreamed of and more.

The only thing was, Keira thought Lucy hated her. Lucy barely spoke two words to the midfielder whilst chatting away to the rest of their teammates. True, Keira didn't initiate contact either but Keira was known for being quite shy. It didn't really seem Lucy was shy, quite the opposite.

The only time Lucy would communicate with Keira was when she would shout at Keira during practice. Lucy often made comments of "Do better Walsh, that's a loose pass." Lucy would make these comments in front of everybody on their team, embarrassing Keira in the process.

Nobody knew that Keira often had self doubt growing up but she massively did. Unfortunately, it never left her when she grew up so whenever she received constructive criticism, Keira took it the wrong way.

It also didn't help how fond the midfielder was of Lucy. So when Lucy called Keira out, it hurt Keira more than usual. She felt her heart break a little more at every comment made.

Keira's POV

Today in training, we were doing 2v2. It just so happened that I was paired with Lucy since she is a defender and I'm a midfielder.

When we got started I done a couple dribbles past Caroline Weir and then shot past Steph Houghton. When I seen the small goal ripple I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. At least Lucy can't rip me apart about that.

In fact it was quite the opposite. Lucy actually came up to me and gave me a squeeze on my shoulder. "Nice Keira. Lovely footwork, keep it up." Lucy spoke before she walked away, ready to get back into position.

I felt my heart flutter. She actually realised I done something good, she complimented me. She even called me Keira. I didn't have much time to think about it as Caroline was soon attacking against us. As I was going to make a tackle, Caroline slipped the ball through my legs and shot first time, resulting in a goal.

"Focus Walsh, You can't let that happen in a proper match." Lucy said. Back to normal criticism. I could feel the happiness slip out of my body. Why do I let her hurt me this much, how does she hurt this much? At the end of the day, she's just pointing out my mistake. Why do I need to care about her opinion so much? Don't fall in love with a teammate, that's what they all say.

I can't help it though. She is just so perfect, I never have a chance anyway so I probably should just get over her.

As the 2v2 continued, Lucy and I continued to score between us but also concede. They were mainly my fault, my nerves were getting the better of me. I was to worried about what Lucy would think of me.

At one point I tried to make one of my signature long balls as Lucy made a run, but my pass went terribly off target. I let out a frustrated sigh and stomped my foot into the ground, highlighting how disappointed I was in myself. I looked at Lucy, almost waiting for her to shout at me. Instead, I swear she almost looked at me with a sympathetic look on her face.