Lucy Leaving For Barcelona

Keira's POV

I was currently at training at man city with the girls getting ready for the start of the season. Training went well and we were all sat in the changing rooms getting ready to go home. I heard Chloe Kelly ask all the girls to go out for drinks which most of them agreed too.

"Keira do you want to come?" I heard her ask me as all the attention in the room went my direction. As much as I love all the girls all I wanted to do was head home to Lucy so I had to decline. Besides the people I was closest to at City had all left like Lucy, Georgia, Ellen and Jill.

"No thanks girls, I have plans" I lied, my only plans were to go sit around with my girlfriend and our dog. "In other words shes whipped by her girlfriend" I hear one of the girls banter back. "Whatever way you want to put it girls" I laughed it off before saying my goodbyes and exiting.

I just came home after a hard session. Unfortunately Lucy's contract with Man city never got extended so she is currently without a team until she decides what to do. When I walked through the door I was met with Lucy having an intense phone call with someone.

I just walked over and squeezed her shoulder to which she responded with putting her hand over mine and flashing me a smile before I walked over to the fridge to make us lunch.

I hate to be intrusive but Lucy doesn't look happy so I start to listen in to their conversation as I make our food. After listening for a while I realise Lucy is on the phone to her manager about teams who are interested in signing her. Oh no.

After a while, I finished making lunch so I walked over to our dining room table carrying mine and Lucy's plate only to realise Lucy was now off the phone with her head in her hands.

Lucy's POV

The phone call with my manager did not go how I wanted. He told me that no WSL teams wanted to sign me as I was "too expensive" so I had to move countries. Again. Either America, Barcelona or Lyon again were the options.

All I could think about was Keira. When I went to Lyon long distance was so hard, we massively struggled being apart for so long I did not want to do it again but I had no option. I just sat with my head in my hands wondering what I was going to do.

After a while Keira came over with our food and quietly went to sit on my lap while I buried my head in her neck. This is something I love about Keira, I don't have to tell her what is wrong she just knows what I need.

After sitting in silence for a bit I finally spoke " My manager told me no WSL teams want me and I have to move to either NWSL, Lyon or Barcelona". I watched as her facial expression changed from concern to utter sadness. The look on her face shattered my heart and it made me want to retire right then and there.

"Look Kei, I never thought the day would come where something was more important to me than football. But you are. So if you don't want me to go or feel as though we can't do long distance again then I won't go. I will retire instead." I told my girlfriend looking straight in her eyes so she knows I am being serious. Instead of agreeing with me I watched as Keira shook her head and just said "No."

"What do you mean no?" I asked her as I started to play with her hair as I got anxious as to where this conversation was headed. "I mean that I love you so much that I know what the right thing for you is. I know you need to continue playing football, so you will. We have done long distance once we can do it again" Keira responded.

"I love you. Thank you" I told Keira before I kissed her. Now all I had to do was decide where to go. I already had an idea of which team I wanted to go to but I wanted Keira's opinion. "What do you think of Barcelona?" I asked her.