Heartbroken

My girls.

We were so close, but I'm so proud.

When Alessia went off, honestly I didn't see us scoring unfortunately. We didn't have that natural number nine/ striker on the pitch anymore and it felt like we were chasing a lost cause.

To anyone who is blaming Lucy, honestly fuck you. I cannot deal with seeing people blaming her for Spains goal.

Lucy lost the ball in midfield, there was countless England players still defending. She may have left a gap but Lucy was literally the furthest England player up field. So I personally don't think you can blame Lucy for that goal since it was literally lost in midfield and there was multiple covering England players.

I am shocked at the amount of hate she is receiving on social media.

Same with Keira. I mean ffs, what was Keira supposed to do with her had there? You cannot blame her at all. (Mary Earps your phenomenal)

I would also like to say congrats to Spain. Vilda, you are not included in that. With Spains win unfortunately it feels like Vilda will not be losing his job and I can't help but feel that's taking a step back in the progress of women's football.

Mapi, Patri and Pina. I have the most respect for you three and you should have been there celebrating today.

I cannot deal with seeing Lucy crying over a world cup again. I was absolutely sobbing. It wasn't your fault Luce.

No matter what the relationship status is between Lucy and Keira, Keira was the one to comfort Lucy again. Lucy actually chose to walk over and sit next to her. Keira hugging Lucy and telling her it's not her fault made me sob.

Anyway, I'm so proud of my girls regardless.

Does anyone want a one shot of the moments we saw of Lucy and Keira in the final? There was quite a few, Keira comforting Lucy, Lucy backing Keira arguing with ref about the penalty and calming Keira down.

Let me know, so I can start writing. It may be a bit soon though 😢