We looked at eachother a little too long to be "just friends"

Title is based off the quote tiktok keeps associating with Wonze. I think it suits them just a little too well 🥹 Too anyone who keeps doing that trend, it makes me cry.

Lucy's POV

I was scrolling through my twitter, to see all the fans debate mine and Keira's relationship status. Most of them were right to be honest. They had no clue what we were. You might be wondering why I am saying that's right. The truth is, I don't know either.

We took a break for a couple weeks. Which didn't matter I guess since we are long distance anyway. I'm in Barça and she's in Manchester meaning we wouldn't see each other. It doesn't make it hurt any less. She decided, to let us explore life by ourselves for a bit. After 6 years together, that hurt. Even though she made it clear we weren't fully done? That made it even more confusing.

However, I'm confused on our status because we still facetime. Regularly. Every single night but yet we're still on a break. She even still has my dog with her, well I guess Narla is both of ours now.

I felt my heart sting as I listened to a recent podcast Keira had done. I of course have seen all the rumours of Keira heading to Barcelona, but she never brought it up and I never asked. So I never believed them.

So when she was asked if joining me in Barca, my heart broke when she said "If I joined it wouldn't be to be with my friend, but to better myself as a player."

It shouldn't hurt me as much as it did. I mean she is right in a way, she should be joining for her own benefit. But after all the looks and memories we have shared, I'm only her friend.

When Keira phoned that night, I never picked up. Or the next, or the day after that. I don't even know why. If I want her fully back I should be communicating with her as much as possible.

For days, my head has been swarming with hurt. I didn't know what to do. Let down my pride and get my girl back or continue to be hurt and ignore her. As of right now the second option seemed so much better.

That all changed when I received a message from my manager telling me we had a player joining the club today and I had to look after her.

I walked to Jonatan's office, and I was shocked to open the door and see the back of a strawberry blonde head of hair I know all too well. "Keira?"

Keira's POV

I miss her. With every inch of me. I made a mistake when I asked for the break. I just couldn't deal with long distance again, so I selfishly protected myself.

When I got the call from Barcelona I accepted immediately. I was so buzzing to join such a big club.  However, the person I wanted to tell first, never answered my call. In fact, she never answered any of my calls up until the day I arrived in Barcelona.

When I heard my name being called by a familiar voice in Jonatans office, I froze. Sure, I knew I was going to see her. But not this quick.

I watched our manager leave the room, leaving me and Lucy alone. I looked at her facial expression, she looked hurt? Angry?

"Hi, Lucy" I said trying to spark up any conversation between us. I don't understand, 4 days ago we were talking on facetime like nothing changed. Now she has ignored me for the last 4 days.

"What are you doing here?" Lucy asked with a slight quiver in her tone. I felt my body shiver, as I realised Lucy wasn't happy I was here.

"I signed with Barcelona-" I started to say before our manager came back into the room. "You two can leave today. I reckon Lucy will want to show you around the city." Jonatan said, clearly not realising the tension in the room.