The Interview

So, Macie you excited?" Pedri turned to me after the limo begam driving away. I signed with a nod then shrugged "I don't really know. I'm kind of nervous?"

He smiled and messed my hair with his hand and sat back against the seat. "I'm sure you will be okay, ask Pablo his was a very scary moment in his life." I turned to Pablo tilting my head towards him.

He nodded as his lips slightly parted "You need to listen to their questions carefully but the best part about a football interview is that they will only care about how you use the ball, just make sure you mention how you use your feet." I smiled at how he put it then I nodded. "Thank you."

I stepped out the limo with a good luck from both Pablo and Pedri, I took a deep breath then I walked inside the Barcelona stadium being welcomed by the Barcelona FC manager Xavi Hernandez he shook my hand "I expect great things from you Garcia." 

I smiled at him, and he took me upstairs to meet the manager of FC Barcelona Femeni Jonatan Costas. He shook my hand and gestured me to sit down, I sat down onto the chair with Xavi just next to me waiting for it to begin.

"Macie Garcia. It's lovely to have you on the team but we have just a few questions for you." I nodded as I crossed one leg over the other and crossed my hands together. "How would you treat your teammates?"

I smiled as I began telling him how I would treat my teammates as if they were my family and work together for us to win the game in hand, he asked me a lot more questions about how I would work with the team and the coaches but his main question was asking me how well I worked with the boys. 

"With Pedri being my cousin, I've only actually met one other boy from the Barcelona team that being Pablo Gavi." I smiled not sure If that's what he wanted to hear from me.

"Ah Pablo yes, I'm sure you and him would get along fine, him and Pedri joined around the same age just years apart. They will be great help." I thanked him as he told me that was all for today, I stood up shaking both their hands and I walked back out.

Pedri smiled as I walked out, and he opened the door to the limo as I stepped inside Pablo was still sat there on his phone scrolling through his Instagram. I sat down next to him a sigh leaving my lips.

His eyes shot up as I sat down, he slipped his phone into his trouser pocket placing one of his hands onto his knee and the other above my head over my chair. "So how was it then?" I crossed my arms and turned to look towards him fully.

"All they really asked me was how well I could work with people." I shrugged and sat back in my chair my head hitting off his arm though he moved it the second Pedri's foot stepped into the limo. "Macie, I will take you home then me and Pablo have training." I nodded and slipped my own phone out my pocket ready to show my Instagram my new life plans.

" I nodded and slipped my own phone out my pocket ready to show my Instagram my new life plans

liked by pablogavi and 2,456,564 others
maciexgarcia To New Beginnings.

View all 7,453 comments

pablogavi New Beginnings Indeed.
^
pedri ???

pedri lil cuz getting old!!!

yourgurllaila so proud of you M 🤍

5 minutes ago

Pedri looked over to Pablo with a slight glare as he commented on my post then he sat back clenching his jaw a little. "Well Macie your first training sessions tomorrow, your next one will be on Thursday then you have your first game this Sunday. You coming to our game Saturday?"

I put my phone away and I smiled at them both as Pablo's eyes were deep into the side of my face. "Yes, I will be at the game don't you worry." Pedri smiled and turned his head to look out the window as Pablo sat with a slight smirk on his face at my words of attending his game.

I got dropped off with a goodbye from both Pedri and Pablo I got out the limo and walked back into my house walking into the kitchen to see a note from my father on the fridge. 'I'm at a meeting will be home soon.' I took the not placing it into the bin slipping my heels off and chucking them next to the door.

I took my phone out and I gave Laila a text, Laila is my best friend she's been my best friend since our mothers were. She's stuck by me for longer than I can remember and to share my proudest moments with her makes me feel like I'm sharing them with my mother.

Laila

Are you able to come round?

Yes of course. I won't be long.

I smiled placing my phone down onto the counter as I walked up the stairs into my room sliding my mother's black dress down my body and chucking on some grey joggers and a white tank top. I heard my phone go downstairs and I ran down to get it thinking it would be Laila but as I got down it was an unknown number.

I picked up my phone and clicked answer putting it on speaker then placing it back onto the counter as I took a glass from my cupboard. "Hello?" I spoke hoping for an answer. "Garcia, it's Pablo make sure you save my number." He then ended the call, and I just filled my cup with water as Laila walked through.
———————————————————————
Thank you again for reading if you have any give me a few ideas for this book. I have a few but your ideas will help!!!