We Got You

It's my first home game since we found out about the cancer so I have connected with the Barça team in making a speech though not even then theirselves know what I have to say.

I have to be ready for what's coming my way and I think this is my best shot so this is how it's going to be. I'm going to go up onto the pitch with a microphone just before the game starts and I am going to tell everyone my news.

They deserve to know I only have three years at this sport. Pablo has forced the entire men's team to come along, their families too as I got to know the lot of them. I am really scared that I will cry but also that Emmie is there so I need to give her some sort of earphones to stop her from hearing.

Right now I was packing all my things including the earphones for Emmie. I needed this to be perfect but not for her I can't have her knowing yet. She's too young. "Mais?" Pedri walked over to me as he saw I was now panicking. "Hm?" I mumbled.

"Stop." He said. "I can't. I'm going to be late." I replied trying to close up my bag but failing miserably at how quickly i'm trying to do this. "Macie. Stop." He took placed his hands onto my shoulders and shook his head. "Breathe." I took a few deep breaths looking towards him.

"It's a big day." I said while he pulled me into a hug. "I know but you've got this Mais." He always knows how to comfort me. His entire life he's known. This is why I valve what we have because nothing can compare. "Everything okay?" Pablo asked as he walked in closing the bag.

Pedri nodded. "She was just overwhelmed for today." Pulling away from me to face Pablo. "I'll take this down." He added taking the bag leaving me and Pablo upstairs. "Don't stress okay? I'll make sure Emmie doesn't hear." I nodded. "Okay. Okay."

He smiled a little as he leant over his hand to me. "Shall we?" I laughed a little as I took his hand. "Sounds like you're taking me to prom." I say with another laugh. "I wish I did." He kissed my temple walking downstairs with my by his side.

Emmie was already downstairs her hand tightly into Pedri's standing at the car. "Come on mummy!! Come on daddy!!" She yelled to the two of us. We laughed a little while going out towards Pedri's very large Porsche he recently bought.

It's very nice but honestly it is huge. We got into the car while Pedri drove us to the stadium. I've missed home so I was happy to be back. First home game of the season If I am correct. "You excited for mummy's goals?" Gavi asked.

"Obviously daddy!" She yelled. "Who said I was going to score." I replied with sarcasm. "When don't you." Pedri rolled his eyes as I then laughed. "Jealously." He stuck his tongue out at me while turning into the parking lot.

People's phones were everywhere their tops
in their hands ready for us to sign. See the thing is we would but we never actually have time to and we wish we could because we always feel
so bad but I wish they'd stop jumping on the car.

Pedri parked up his car then we all walked into the stadium together. I got my usual hot chocolate before going into the changing room to get changed.

It's only minutes till I need to make my speech and i'm more nervous than ever. I finished tying my boots then I walked out and down the stairs towards the pitch. I was passed the microphone as I took a few breaths before making it onto the pitch.

The entire stadium was full no seats were empty which gave me a little more hope. I stood in the middle of the pitch with a small smile onto my face. "First of all, I wanna thank you all for attending."

Everyone cheered and clapped then I took another breath. "This is a hard situation for me to come and stand here in the middle of our happiness and get away from reality situation." I say. "Though with all the honesty, the pain we know that not all dreams last."

This now is where everyone was co fused and for the first time in a long time Camp Nou was silent. "I will only be playing football for three more years before I have to quit due to Cancer." Everyone gasped, you could see the talk and I just looked towards Pablo.

He was crying though suddenly so was I. "Thank you and enjoy the game." I smiled making my way off the pitch with the claps and cheers then I passed back the mic taking a few breathers getting ready to go onto the pitch to play.

The game was really emotional but I got through it scoring a hattrick and winning us the game. "Macie." I turned to Alexia who was standing inches away from me as she walked towards me wrapping her arms around me in the middle of the pitch.

I hugged her so tightly and we walked off the pitch together crying. "I'm so proud of you. You know that." She says. "You're one in a billion Macie." She added on. I shook my head and hugged he again. "This isn't goodbye Lex." She nodded quickly. "I know I know."

Alexia and I have planned to spend more time with one another from now on which has made me pretty happy because all I need right now is a load of people I love around me.