The Final Strand

January 24th 2028

It's been a year and 6 months since Pablo and I got married. It's crazy though because it feels like it was only yesterday I married him.

Though breaking everything in my body today is my last game for Barcelona. My absolute last game and there's no turning back anymore and of how it's snapping me in half that I can't do what I love.

Cancer sucks and it's recently been getting more worse than it already was as much as I don't want to say my goodbyes I know it's time I do so. Pablo and I still have hope they'll have a cure somewhere so we've decided to wait till around next year to try for another baby.

Emmie wants a sibling and I don't want her to feel so alone and drained once i'm gone. Laila keeps trying to find her way back into our life's but I don't think i'm ready to let her back in though I don't know if I can use that excuse.

I feel like if I don't forgive her now she'll live with guilt for the rest of her life and I don't want that for her because we were best friends for 18 years. It's crazy to just walk away for a boy but even this boy was worth walking away.

He's my husband for goodness sakes. I was in my room getting changed into a nice outfit to make my way to Camp Nou, I wanted to look real kid today as I had to start up a speech and then me chemotherapy starts tomorrow.

It could be the last day I actually look as pretty as I am. I make my way downstairs and get myself into my car, it's early so Pablo will bring Emmie and Pedri along later my fathers coming along himself my entire family have tickets for this game.

The whole of the men's team are attending too because I got close with them all, I have the City team men's and Women's that we gave tickets to as well for this we actually had to add in some extra seats because we wanted enough choices for the fans too.

Not everyone from the Spanish team could make it so only a few are able to coming and Pablo's family are also attending. It feels like a crazy goodbye but just incase I never see any of them again it's for the best.

I drive to start bucks ordering myself a Caramel Iced Latte and a cheese toastie since I hadn't had any breakfast yet. I made my way to the staid i'm no long after and walking in with a smile from Alexia. "You look stunning Macie." She says while walking towards me.

"For now." I say with a small sigh walking towards our changing rooms. "You always look beautiful Macie Gavira." She sits down just next to me and sighs. "You got everything planned?" She asks. "I do. I have my speech and I'm ready." I smile a little finishing off my Latte then chucking it into the bin.

"Meet us on the pitch once you're ready." She says and taps my shoulder running out the changing room. I was really wondering why nobody was in here and why she was already changed but they've always got something planned.

I change in my number six for the very last time my shirt now actually saying "Gavira 6" which Pablo absolutely loved and Emmie found it so pretty she bought it in every colour, J slipped on my shorts my shins my socks then my boots and I hated how i'd never do this again.

I made my way towards the door and pushed my hair up into a hair ponytail walking down the stairs towards the pitch. I walked outside the stadium was full of people and ahead of me was Pedri, Emmie and Pablo standing looking towards me.

The game doesn't start for another hour so this is honestly crazy. I turned to my left to see a large banner in blue and red saying 'We Love You Macie!!' I just wanted to start crying Pablo quickly ran towards me and wrapped his arms around me and I just pushed my legs up onto his waist.

"I've got you." He says kisses my temple gently, I look around the stadium as we get closer to the middle then I slip off his waist and I smile wiping off my tears watching Emmie run towards me I grab her gently holding her to my waist.