His quiet friend

It was easy for him. By the time school ended, Jimin already had another girl with him. You liked him a bit too much than you suppose to do. From now on, that girl was the only one who got special treatment from Jimin. You sighed.

"Hey, Y/n." Yuuna walked beside you, she had many books in her hands.

"Are you going to read all of it?"

"I'm about to return it to the library." Yuuna was your closest friend in high school. She didn't like to hangout much and preferred to stay home all the time. She was the smartest girl in class. She is petite and very cute. You were the opposite of her, not so cute and a bit tall, clearly not the perfect height for being cute and all. Thanks to calcium your mom takes during the pregnancy. You assumed your face was okay. Since at least you were interesting enough for Park Jimin, right?

Here we came to the stupid train thoughts.

"Where is your boyfriend? Don't you go home with him?" She asked.

"We broke up."

"Hi, Y/n." Jungkook grinned at you, he heard the conversation earlier. He     walked behind the two of you, also on his way out to the school.

Jeon Jungkook. You were not exactly happy to see him now. He's a cute guy from your class. And one of Jimin's friends too, "Broke up already huh?"

"Shut up."

"Maybe you should date me instead? How about that?" He put his arm around you. Jungkook considered you as the only female who could get along with him, no romantic feeling involved.

You weren't as smart as Yuuna, but one day the teacher paired both of you in a project and the result was satisfying. Both of you surprisingly kept talking to each other after. Being friends. Also, Yuuna likes him. She said he was so perfect. The boy himself was clueless, he always said he's not into dating stuff. He spent most of his time doing sports.

"Nope." In times like this he still makes a bad joke, huh.

"Let me know if you change your mind. Oh, hi, Yuuna." He finally noticed her.

"Don't wait for it."

"Okay." He grinned, "Bye, Y/n." He ran into his friend, and you spotted Yoongi there. Still with headset on his ears. It was weird how you were aware of his presence all of the sudden. Maybe because you didn't focus on Jimin anymore.

That jerk.

"My heart stops beating." Yuuna put her palm on her chest. She was slightly trembling, you giggled to see her reaction, "He is this close." She was so cute. You tried to set them up on a date but Jungkook was stupid and she was too shy. You ended up sitting between them in the movie.

You stayed with Yuuna and accompanied her to the library until 3PM. You used to hang out with Jimin, now you have to come back to your normal routine.

"See you tomorrow, Y/n!" Yuuna waved to you cheerfully.

You walked slowly to the bus station. Out of so many days, he had to break up with you today. It was almost the holiday season. What were you going to do then?

A car honking behind you interrupted your thoughts.

"Yo, Y/n! Need a ride? Sorry you have to take the bus again." Park Jimin and his annoying ass. You turned around and glared at him.

"Leave me alone!" There was Yoongi and Jungkook inside the car. This couldn't be more embarrassing. You thought they should be gone by now.

"Come on, Y/n. Don't listen to him." Jungkook opened the car door.

"No, thanks." You kept walking, but apparently Jimin and his silly act wasn't finished and he followed you with his car.

"Stop it. You are so lame." Yoongi muttered.

"I want her to crawl back to me." Jimin replied. Jungkook frowned, he really did not understand the method Jimin had.

"By embarrassing her?" Yoongi questioned.

"You just pissed because she unlike the girls you usually date." Jungkook added.

"Just be a supportive friend and get her in here." Jimin barked. You turned around. They were still following you. Yoongi, who was in the passenger seat, looked so done. You glanced at Jimin who had now stepped out from the car.

"Stop embarrassing me in front of my friend and get into the car." Jimin took your wrist and dragged you to the car.

"You think too highly of yourself. " You tried to release your hand from his grip, "Park Jimin, ugh." It hurts.

Yoongi took your hand from Jimin, "She doesn't like it.". Oh.

"This isn't your business." Jimin glared at him.

You were surprised to have Yoongi defending you, faster than Jungkook apparently.

Yoongi let go of your hand as he heard Jungkook come.

"Let me just walk her home then. Are you okay with that?" Yoongi said. Suddenly they surrounded you. You didn't know where to look. Jimin's not so friendly face, Yoongi who remained calm and then Jungkook. There you go, your eyes screamed help at him.

"I can go back by myself." What was Yoongi trying to do? You squint your eyes suspiciously.

"This is why I can't date you anymore, you can't read hints." Jimin snorted, "And you?" He turned to Yoongi, "You can walk with her. Whatever." "Let's go." Jimin shoved Jungkook back to the car.

"B.. but.." Jungkook never thought he'd see Yoongi take a side. Anyone's sides. It's shocking.

"Start walking." Yoongi murmured.

"What?" You asked. His hand touched your back.

"Move." He repeated. You stumble a bit but you start to walk immediately. Yoongi was walking behind you. Huh? Will he walk you home? For real?

Jimin's car drove past both of you. It seemed like Yoongi hurt his feelings so he didn't mind leaving him as well. You saw Jungkook's apologetic smile as he passed by.

"Umm, i can go home alone." You said to him. Feeling bad that now Yoongi lost his ride home. He shrugged. What does that even mean? He didn't look happy at all. Well, of course, he wouldn't be happy..

"I can go home alone, really." You reassured him. You know his house was the opposite of yours. It will be a long walk for him. He ignored you, now he walked in front of you. His headset rested around his neck. He likes music that much huh?

"Don't you usually ride a car too?" You tried to match your steps with him.

"Yes." He replied shortly.

"Oh, where is it now?"

"Home."

"Oh, I see." He didn't talk much, did he? "How long have you been friends with Jimin?"

"Elementary school." Why didn't he ask anything back? Maintaining this conversation was almost impossible, you sulked.

You were about to ask another question when Yoongi turned your head to the street in front of you, "Less talking, keep walking."